1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

what to do with $800

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AJRios, Dec 9, 2012.

1. AJRios

AJRios

Hello! I want your help/opinion :) :help:

Recently I found out that I could play Dubstep-like Wobbles live with pedals, after watching Nathan Navarro's band Pinn Panelle's skrillex cover on youtube.

Looking up his equipment I found out I could get and use a SYB-5 + Source Audio BEF + Hot Hand 3 to do that. I alredy own one ODB-3 pedal that could help

For a cheaper solution, a friend told me to look up multi effects pedals. I ended up finding Chris "fatty" Hargreaves's work.

I then realised I could use a Line 6 M9 (synth + pitch/octaver + panner on mono for the wobble) + expression pedal/hot hand 3 to do the trick, and still use the Line 6 M9's other FX for other kinds of music. (although this solution aint cheaper, I know)

On top of that, I need a interface to work with a macbook or laptop, and need to make do with $800 :D

So bottom line: What do I get with 800$?

RME babyface $720
    or
    line6 M9+ EXP pedal+ HH3 + fast track C600 $776
    or
    SYB-5+ Source Audio BEF + FT C600 $661
    or
    other ideas?

Sorry for long post, and Thank you so much :))