What to do with this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nitetrane98, Jan 9, 2013.

1. nitetrane98

nitetrane98

I'm currently playing a Status Bass. Now before anybody goes ooh ah, ooh ah, graphite neck!!!, this is an old wood neck bolt on. Evidently, Status would just as soon prefer that nobody even knew they made a wood neck model. No support whatsoever.
    I got it for 300 bucks a couple of years ago just to have a bass to fiddle around with. I'm an ex guitarist. The main problem I have with this bass is that it thumps like a big dog on the E string and all the others are weak assed. Being a noob I don't know if this is common and you have to whack the others harder or what. I suspect it is not normal as any other bass I've played doesn't seem to behave this way. Reckon it's a PU problem? I'm pretty sure I'll run out of trussrod adjustment soon. It seems to need a tweak frequently. Actually it plays pretty well when it's right. It has a drop D lever on the E string. I know my guitars well but don't have any knowledge of bass brands. Any suggestions for a 5-600 buck used or new bass. Let's remember, I ain't a pro and ain't likely to ever be one. Nor am I rich!!!
  2. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Try adjusting pickup height- is the E side higher (just taking a guess here!). Most pickups adjust with a simple screwdriver.
  3. nitetrane98

nitetrane98

Actually it is adjusted down already. Might need more.