1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What to expect with the dean hillsburrow j bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nova221, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Nova221

Nova221

I purchased this bass and couldn't find really anything but demos.

2. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

There's tons of info on these. Try spelling it correctly - "Hillsboro".

By the way... why do you need to know what to expect when you already own one?

3. Nova221

Nova221

I ordered it offline

4. Rugmaster

Rugmaster

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Kinda funny, I own about 20 shortscales and my second to last purchase was a ($140 shipped) Dean Hillsboro Jr (P style) that I did my own setup on and have been playing a lot. I just bought a used Landing (about $1700 new) and it really isn't any more playable that the $140 bass. Not because the Landing isn't a fine bass but because the Dean is such a great value. Assuming the full scale is as good you'll love it. OTOH if you're "one of those guys" that thinks any new bass shouldn't need a proper setup good luck with that :meh: .

7. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

I purchased a Dean Hillsboro Single online because I liked the design and felt it would make a good modding platform. The bass is an exceptional value for the money. Fit and finish is good, tone was decent and the bass feels remarkably good for its price point. Although it wasn't needed, swapped out the pickup and preamp and kicked around the idea of upgrading the tuners and bridge. Neither of these needs changed - they are both perfectly acceptable as they are.