What to pair with my contour 500 2x10?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by hanales, Jan 28, 2014.

1. hanales

hanales

So while this amp is on the way to my house, I figured I should start thinking about what extension cab to pick up for summer outdoor shows. We generally play with FOH support but I'd like to make sure I have enough oomph for stage volume at some of the odder gigs out there that bands like mine end up playing. It's a 4 piece cover band, and I play an ESP 6.

Any thoughts? I probably won't drop more than 7-800 on anything new or used, because this cab won't see that much action.
  2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

The combo is loud!! Just get the matching 210 extension cab and you'll be fine. Better hurry though, Andrew's Music only has a couple left.
  3. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I'm waiting on my 115 to get here. There were no more 115 ext cabs left- so I'm just gonna get a second combo. If there's any left in two weeks.......

May be an option for you!
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

The matching 210 ext cab is most logical, and the ONLY choice with a known response.
  5. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

Well.....actually.... a second 210 combo is the MOST logical as you're getting ANOTHER 500 watt genz Benz amp for 100 bucks more than the extension....... but yes, I agree with rickenboogie.
  6. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Either the matching 210 or 115 will work well. The cabinets have similar phase response and were designed to work together from the beginning.

You might check in the classified to see if a TB member might be flipping one.
  7. hanales

hanales

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!
  8. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

GB Focus 210!!

:bassist: