What With The Fender "Company" ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by artfahie, Feb 8, 2014.

1. artfahie

artfahie Supporting Member

I've been a fan of Fender and owned their basses since 1964. I had a chance to play (and loved) the new "HH" Dimension bass 4-string so I ordered one through a very fine local dealer back in November... scheduled arrival date was end of January... so I knew I had to wait !
    Now I find that they've moved the date back to late March ! What the hell ? Is this bass SO popular that they can't make enough... from what I've been able to find about it I don't think so !
    Fender... enough is enough... I'm really starting to run out of patience with you folks... seriously. You can't sell what you don't make !... so what exactly is your game ?
    Don't stick this on my dealer... he's one of the best... even GC doesn't have one of these things hanging from their walls ! :eyebrow:

Art Fahie
    Maine

2. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

They seem to be available from the usual bunch of online retailers. Since you've got to special order one anyway, why not just skip the middle man? Your commitment to your local independent retailer is admirable, but in this particular case he's just not coming through for you, whatever the reason.

3. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Sweetwater has plenty in stock of every color but the Violin Burst

4. artfahie

I just checked out "Sweetwater"... try to find a four-string ... "Cayenne"... with a "HH" configuration.... (and a rosewood fingerboard).... I didn't see one. I even checked out Bass NW... I don't even see Fender listed on their website ! Come April I start thinking MusicMan (I already have a "HH" 5-string MM... I really need a "four-stringer)... thanks.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me. Supporting Member

Like this? http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DBassADHHC/

7. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

In stock.
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DBassADHHC

8. Jah Wobble Fan

Jah Wobble Fan

Media:
    http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com...iv-hh-cayenne/?gclid=CMHN4eGyvbwCFQmCfgodfz0A

Took me one minute to find those specs online. The age of brick and mortar is waning, pops, might as well accept it.

9. artfahie

Gotta admit that is it... it's still crappy that my local dealer (who also services any instruments purchased there at no charge) has to grovel to get the thing. Kudos to "Sweetwater"... certainly not to "Fender" in their support of smaller dealers ! Thanks for that.

Art Fahie
    Maine

10. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I think Fender has done some great things recently BUT also made some serious boners. They release the Coronado and Starcaster reissues but they don't make a case or gigbag that fit either one? Really???? Do they think I never plan on taking my bass out my house? Seriously, WTH???? It's really frustrating.

11. Nobody

Nobody

12. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

If these other places have them and you're dealer doesn't it is you're dealers fault. If he got on the phone explained this to a fender rep then fender would send one his way and you would have a bass next week.

This is 2014 I am guessing this dealer is just outdated or lazy.

13. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1

14. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds