1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What years did Fender make this bass? Thanks!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by two fingers, Sep 8, 2013.

1. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

Attached Files:

2. UK Philip

UK Philip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_American_Deluxe_Series

3. two fingers

Hey thanks for the link! That article tells me they were started in '95. However, it doesn't tell me when they stopped making the 5 string with the humbucker. That's one piece of the puzzle. Anyone know when that stopped?

4. UK Philip

UK Philip

most-likely when they brought out their next round of american deluxe 5's.

it'll be out there somewhere with some creating googling, but somebody must know, there's some fender bass encyclopaedias on here. :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

Yeah. At some point they went back to the single J pickup at the bridge. And I don't even think they make a Deluxe V any more (but I could be wrong).

7. two fingers

To be sure I haven't stumped this crowd. Any ideas what the last year they were made is?

8. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

It was like 2008 I believe. When they did that first round of big changes in production it and many other models were dropped. I remember reading about there being issues with the 5 string humbucker going out of production or something, but I don't know if that's really the issue or not.

9. two fingers

Interesting. Thanks.

10. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

I'm thinking they went out of production around 2007. The reason being that Fender seemed to be clearing the way for the American standard Precision 5 string, which was introduced in 2008.

11. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

I've had two. They kill it . May be the best bass Fender made after 1964.

2006;

[​IMG]

2004:

[​IMG]

12. topcat2069

topcat2069 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GK Amps
  13. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

from the specs:

The originals were bill lawrence design and I believe were the same as used on the RB V which was discontinued as well. They used some kind of special magnet design that was supposed to help balance the tone of the strings, there's an excerpt here but the link to the original review/interview is dead:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f38/help-roscoe-beck-v-pickups-865898/

14. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

The pickups in the ADPV were "sort of" the same the the Roscoe Beck V. They looked the same, and sounded mostly the same in the same modes, but the RBV has a coil tap/split coil functionality that the ADPV pickups did not offer. It is possible that it was a simple wiring difference, but they were different in that regard.