1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What you think of my video?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Alduroth, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Alduroth

Alduroth

Hey guys!

I made a video for the Hothand Video Contest by Source Audio.
    Please help a bass player out and like it on youtube.

http://youtu.be/Pk8xzIWZzVc

Any remarks on how to improve anything in the video/music in the future are more then welcome!
    Thanks for your time!

2. Callas

Callas

Awesome video!!
    That wobly dub step bass was created using only BEF Pro and MWBD with HH3? Which specific effect (or knob set up) did you use on those pedals to create that sound?

3. Alduroth

Alduroth

Thanks, glad you liked it!

My chain is: M13 (a synth and distortion on FX 1 and 2) then to the FX loop to the MWBD pro then to a markbass compressor then it goes into the BEF pro then back to the M13 with a noise gate and/or reverb at the end.

I believe the settings in the drop were:
    The BEF pro set to filter 7, exp to frequency.
    The MWBD pro set to 13.
    The M13 FX1 synth set synth-o-matic wave 2
    The M13 FX2 distortion was an overdrive, just to get a nice extra bite.
    That's how I got the sound, if I recall correctly.

,A-R0TH

4. Callas

Callas

Thx for the inspiration. I am thinking of buying BEF and MWBD with HH2. I hope I will be able to create simillar awesome sounds :) Do not have any other effects though...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Alduroth

Alduroth

With only those two pedals I managed to get a sound similar to the wobble in "Knife Party - Centipede" so they do the trick.

But I must say, I've noticed my low end and tone improved alot when I got a synth, octaver, distortion and stuff like that infront of the BEF and MWBD.
    I've just been at it for a month now. So I don't really know all the ins and outs of possibilities yet.
    So I can recommend the facebook page Organic Bass Wobble, they got all the experts over there, and they helped me with my hothand issues I had before recording this.

A-R0TH

7. Callas

Callas

Thanks a lot for your tips. Currently I do not have the budget to get those other things... maybe in time... but i am glad to hear that just those two can make cool stuff like that... just need to play with it a bit more at the store :)