1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

What's it called? Two input one output pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 83_Silberpfeil, Feb 10, 2014.

1. 83_Silberpfeil

83_Silberpfeil

I am prepping for gigs come May/June. Looking for two input and one output pedal/controller.

Here's how I'm going to use it or why I need it.

I will be using two different basses on stage --- yamaha bb1200S and Squier Bass VI.

So want to be able to plug both into the rig; but be able to switch from A to B. Additionally, I know from practice that the I usually need to turn up the amp for the Squier when I practice, so the controller will need to be able to have output settings for each.

I'm sure this device exists, but i don't know what to search for.

Please advise.

Thanks!
  2. line6man

line6man

A/B or ABY.

Unless you want a dual-input buffer, mixer, or line selector.
  3. 83_Silberpfeil

83_Silberpfeil

Thanks L6M. Do A/B's or ABY's have output level controls? Or, would I need a mini mixer for that? Cheers!
  4. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan

I use a Radial bigshot i/o for switching instruments during a gig. It is passive and it has an attenuator for one of the channels to match levels. It's not as flexible as a two channel preamp, but it gets it done and is built like a tank.

http://www.radialeng.com/bigshotio.php
  5. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

You could do this with a Boss LS-2.
  6. Salamenster

Salamenster

Boss LS-2 (buffered), EHX Switchblade or Switchblade+ (A/BY and A+BY: true bypass (no batteries/electricity needed :D)) and there are some more.
  7. 83_Silberpfeil

83_Silberpfeil

Thanks Ridger, Childis and Salamenster for all chiming in. Great suggestions. Just went thru my box of gadgets and realized I have a small mixer; Behringer 502 USB. I think it's a bit overkill for what I'm trying to do, but it might work.

Cheers!
  8. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

you could just get a boss ls2 has volume controls for each input
  9. David Grunigen

David Grunigen

Radial bassbone! best thing out there!
  10. metaball

metaball

+1
    i don't use mine for this, but it does it well.