1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What's my old Avatar compact 12 worth?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by brock29609, Mar 8, 2014.

1. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels Supporting Member

This has been collecting dust for about 8 years. It's headed to Craigslist for local sale (will not ship. Not trying to sell here), but I haven't the foggiest idea what these old rear-ported Avatars are worth. How much should I ask, and what's the lowest I should accept?

I'm been away from bass playing for a few years and have lost touch. About the only thing I remember about it is that it's 8 ohm.

[​IMG]

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

3. brock29609

I did before I posted, which is why I worded it the way I did. If I've misunderstood a rule, appologies. Not for sale here. Sincerely looking for advise for local sale.

4. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

roughly $150.00 or so

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

I'd go a little higher closer to $200 or maybe $225. That Kappa Driver sells for $80 or more, the Foster tweet is $39. It's not a deep sounding cabinet but I think you can hit it with 300 400 watts and I'll bet it's pretty punchy.

7. bobcruz

bobcruz

No way, too high. Lately I've had difficulty selling mint gear at half or less than half of new street prices on CL. Here's an example of a screaming deal that just sits there, a pair of Avatar 212s and Peavey Tour 700 for $500:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/4329763121.html

Tough times for sellers, at least in my area (which is the birthplace of Craigslist too).

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

You have to be a supporting member to make such posts. If you are not, then we are not supposed to answer.

9. brock29609

I will become one within 24 hours.