whats pots for this schematic

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Torkk, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Torkk

Torkk

2. RobbieK

RobbieK

250KA is standard for all of these pots.

You can also use 500KA's for ever so slightly more treble when all pots are on 10.

You can also substitute B (linear taper) instead of A(Audio/log taper) for the two volume pots if you so desire. This will give you a much more gradual sweep of the volume.

3. line6man

line6man

Whatever you want. It's a personal preference. Passive pickups need 250k or 500k, though.

4. Torkk

Torkk

I was planning on audio 500k for the tone and 250 on the volumns i think they are all 250 now. But what kind are they? They dont look like the pots I have. Are they push/pull? Concentric or whatever?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Torkk

Torkk

7. RobbieK

RobbieK

The pots in that dimarzio diagram are single gang push-pulls for the volumes. This gives you a series parallel switch for each pickup. The tone is a regular single gang pot.

Those bourns one's will be fine. And pretty good quality too. 16mm push-pulls like that will fit 99% of passive basses. You may need to ream the holes to take the 3/8" bushing, plus if your knobs are fastened with grub screws, you should use those brass adaptor sleeves so you don't crush the shafts.