1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

What's the best way to DIY label pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MuthaFunk, Dec 19, 2013.

1. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I've recently assembled my own amp and it has a lot of knobs and jacks to label. I'm curious what you guys use to get those pro looking pedals. Right now, I think I'm going to have to go with Black on Clear P-Touch labels.

Is there any other options??? How are these boutique pedal guys doing single runs of pedals and making them look so good?

2. Jim C

Jim C

Spending money on silk screens, laser etching, CNC milling

3. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

I've used decals, stickers, and modge podge under about 4 layers of clearcoat...cheapest, most flexible solution that I've found so far...

4. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    I use a p-touch labeler with the software program on 90% of my pedals. they are very durable and IMO, I think that they look good enough.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. K2000

K2000

You could send your faceplate to somebody and have it acid etched. That would look amazing, and might not be terribly expensive. Do a search on pedal etching in this forum for an idea…

7. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I'll be looking for a new P-touch machine. Mine is about 12 years old and won't connect to a computer.

Here's the amp I'm hoping to do:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The backplate is removable but the front is all part of the chassis. It would be rather pricey to send out for etching although I'm sure that would look awesome! I have Dandubblewe doing a pedal for me right now.