What's the difference between the regular sansamp and the 3-channel sansamp?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ChaseMorris15, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ChaseMorris15

ChaseMorris15

Regular sansamp-http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002D0EN8/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1354245021&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

3-channel sansamp-http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009E6RQS/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1354245106&sr=8-2&pi=SL75

I think there has to be some difference, the 3 channel is only like $10 more? Two more channels for $10?

2. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

not much apart from the fact you can recall saved settings...its why i got the programmable one for the flexibility for 10 bucks difference in cost

3. mowburger

mowburger

The PBDDI does not have a parallel out tho. Y?

4. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Saving presets is a nice feature, although the deluxe-sized SansAmps are pedalboard hogs.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jaywa

jaywa

I also would encourage you to at least consider the SansAmp ParaDriver, which is the same form factor as the classic BDDI but adds a sweepable midrange control.

7. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

The three way version is hotter when the vol and dr are set as on the standard unit. Not a bad thing just a warning. I own and use both:)

I have had a bit of g.a.s to try the para driver. Can I get the same overall feel as the BDI?

8. pauliebass

pauliebass Supporting Member

While the 3 channels were useful, I sold it in favor of my older BDDI. I like looking down and seeing the settings. The switch on channel 3 would misfire sometimes as well.