1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Whats the diffrence in Ibanez Premium BTB and SR bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by campbems, Feb 5, 2014.

1. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

I love the electronics on both and the looks but was wondering what is the difference. Is one better than the other? I'm wanting the BTB bad but haven't plated one. I have played the SR premiums and was really impressed with the tone of those bass. Just wondering if anyone played both and what they thought?
  2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I love the look of the BTB when painted black, but their necks feel chunkier than the SRs to me. I haven't measured and I'm too lazy to look them up, but that was my initial impression when trying them out.
  3. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

From memory the BTB's are neck through while the SR's are bolt-on.
  4. klaus486

klaus486

Disclosures:
    sales geek Portland Music co.
    I believe most BTB are 35 inch scale length, neck through construction and have much closer to Fender string spacing rather than the narrow necks of the SR line. BTBs are BIG basses. Both are great just different.
  5. Bobster

Bobster

Klaus486 is on it. BTB's are 35" scale and have wider necks, as well as larger bodies.

Two different lines to appeal to two different types of player.

All the best,

Bob
  6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Love the style, hate the necks :( Do they make a BTB model with a thinner neck?
  7. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

BTB is a big bass it feels big the 35" scale makes a difference. Both fine instruments.
  8. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

Both have both NT and bolt.
  9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Specifically, the SR Premium is a bolt on. The BTB Premium is a NT. The BTB 5 strings are 35" scale and the string spacing is 19mm. The SR's are all 34" scale and the string spacing is really tight. 16.5mm-17mm for the 5 strings.