What's your favorite 1x12 under $600?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SIFJiggy, Apr 13, 2014.

1. SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011
    No particular tone needed. Just something reliable and musical.

Lightweight a plus.
  2. Waldo19

Jul 9, 2011
    Peavey showed off a lightweight 112 at NAMM. Might be worth taking a look at when they get released (if you're not in a hurry). You can see it in this video underneath the new Minimax head they are featuring.

Just something to consider. Happy Hunting.
  3. Checkout the GK Neo112-II new for only $449. Fantastic tone, very reliable and musical and lightweight too. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Neo112II
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 That is one of my favorite 1x12's, period. It also happens to be crazy light, and one of the most affordable. Very impressive cab, in my book! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:
  5. Sponsored by:

6. 1dreday

Nov 22, 2009
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    Groom Lake, NV
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Not light, but around $300 used and sounds great - Aguilar GS112.
  8. Do you mean a combo or just the cab?

If I was in the market for ...

a combo: Traynor DNB112
    a cab: Traynor DNBX12
    Not the lightest, but sturdy.

Lighter combo, less than 1/2 the weight, but 1/2 the power: SB112
  9. Traynor TC112. I bought 2 of them for under $500 in total. Great sounding cabinets, and 25lbs each. I don't think they can be beat.
  10. SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011

Geeez where? I can't find me for sale anywhere online.

Thanks for the suggestions so far TB - I'm looking stuff up.
  11. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You serious? 5 watt $1000.00 amp for a bass guitar?
  12. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    Just for the record, the "TC 112" cab referred to here is a Traynor. One of my models is also abbreviated as "TC112" (and it's above the OP's price range).

Not a 112, but Mike Arnopol makes a high-output 110 that would be competitive with a good 210 in output, and it's within the price range. It's called the MA-109 .
  13. And, "huge sound" from a 5 watt recording amp? A GUITAR recording amp??????

14. lexington125

Sep 11, 2013
    hollywood, baby......
    it's funky this, and funky funky that, if you ain't funky, y'all, you ain't where it's at
    Got my Aggie DB112nt for $280, but $300 to $350 is probably a bit more common for one in really nice shape. One is perfect for 'coffee shop' gigs or recording. I'm looking for a 2nd cab for use in louder bar gigs. I've got a serious case of GAS for a four-pack of DB112nts for the occasional very large stage gig. Four cabs may seem a bit extreme, but its only four 12 inch speakers, so i can justify that
  15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Oooh, good call. :cool:
  16. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Another vote for the GK 112 Neo 2
  17. f.c.geil

f.c.geil Supporting Member

May 12, 2011
    Ampeg SVT112AV for me. Unless, of course, I were handy with wood, in which case I would make a fEARless 112. You can build one on your budget easily, and they'll outperform anything else mentioned so far.
  18. barrymclark

Mar 24, 2014
  19. SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011

Do you have one - or two? I'm an ampeg fanboy. Just wished they offered it in a NEO. Their NEO cabs are priced absurd.