What's your favorite combo to rock out

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by yamaha, May 7, 2006.

1. yamaha

yamaha

What is the combo you most liked to play serious rock with 1 or 2 guitarists and an acoustic drummer (no volume for him).

The Peavey TNT, SWR 2X10C, Hartke, other

What is your personnal favorite combo.
  2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127

Roland DB-500
  3. Nico3535

Nico3535

Genz and Benz Tubeworks 150 1x15 combo, sounded great for every situation even with my upright!
  4. Kasper007

Kasper007

Sice I own :)hyper: ) a Hughes & Kettner Quantum 310 this is an easy choice. At the moment I play through it with a cheapo Peavey Milestone bass, and through this combo it just ROCKS, or makes every sound I want it to. I mean the slap sounds are amazing, and that's still with the Peavey, wich has a P bass pickup so it shouldn't sound good for slap.
  5. bigcardinal

bigcardinal

I've got a Yorkie xm200t (2x10) that cuts through that overly-loud guitarist pretty well and sounds great by all accounts...my band mates made comments on this at our first jam session

I'm not going to say its my favourite, its really the ONLY one I have ever used to jam with, and it works out just fine. It seems like these days, almost any amp (with enough power, of course) is good enough...the competition is such that if this were not the case, they would soon find themselves out of business!! However, I am the type that values dependability over "tone", as the latter is highly subjective anyway.
  6. scuba steve

scuba steve

nemesis, or peavey.