Whenever you want one you can't find one

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MakoMan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. MakoMan

MakoMan

Why is it that whenever you're not looking for a particular bass they are all over the classifieds and when you want one there are none to be found?
    This has happened to me over and over. Was looking for a Gretsch G2202 and they were as rare as hen's teeth. Finally found a new old stock one and in the week after I bought it 3 popped up in the local classifieds.
    I'm always on the lookout for short scale basses, but whenever I am looking for one, all I can ever find are Squier Broncos on Kijiji and Craigslist. Ironically enough, now I'm looking for a project Bronco, or one already modified and there are none to be found. None! A month ago there were almost a dozen on Kijiji alone.
    In searching TB there hasn't been a Bronco posted in the Classifieds in months. How is that possible? Squier has sold about 10 gazillion of these things LOL!
    Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone? :D
  2. LUpton

LUpton Supporting Member

Mako:

I think I can help you on the Bronco GAS. I have a black one I put a new bridge and pickup on, and unfortunately, need to move it to thin the herd. I will PM.

Larry
  3. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

I have also experienced the opposite, when basses pop up right away that I thought would be very hard to find. That always means trouble for the old bank account! ;)
  4. RED J

RED J Play what you want how you want & quit arggerin ! Supporting Member

Good things come to those who wait...but it ain't easy !
  5. MakoMan

MakoMan

Happens all the time! That's how I ended up with my Squier Vista MusicMaster. The right bass at exactly the wrong time, but fortunately it all worked out :D
  6. LUpton

LUpton Supporting Member

PM sent.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Um.... did you even TRY putting up a WTB ad?
  8. MakoMan

MakoMan

I currently have a WTB ad posted on Montreal/Ottawa area Kijiji for a Bronco. It is the busiest local online site by far and there a usually several Broncos available. So far no luck. There have been a couple of Broncos posted in the past few days but the sellers want more for them than a new one.
    Usually there are a few Broncos on Kijiji in the $75 to $100 range and often a couple of modified ones for a bit more, but none lately. I'd like to find either a stock one cheap, as I intend to mod it both electrically and cosmetically, or a very nicely done already modded Bronco. About a week before I started my search there was a slightly modded Bronco posted locally that would have been perfect for my plan but I missed it. That's what prompted me to start looking seriously for one.
    I have not posted a WTB in the TB classifieds, because being in Montreal, Canada, the shipping from the US is usually prohibitively expensive. That said, if I saw a super cool modded Bronco in the classifieds I might be able to find a way.
    In any case it's not so much about my current search, as it is that the right bass always seems to pop up at the wrong time, but when you're looking for one, they always seem to be MIA.
  9. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

But perhaps a Canajin TBer has one? You guys don't charge outrageous rates to ship to each other do you? TB is far reaching. I bet there are hundreds of Canajins here!
  10. MakoMan

MakoMan

Good point. I'll post an ad on TB. Thanks!