where are all of warwicks basses?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by sumgruuvz, Jan 6, 2013.

1. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz Supporting Member

im looking on the warwick website and i see some really cool basses im interested in, but the problem is when you look for them, they're nowhere to be found. prime example is the streamer stage 1 pro series...where is it to buy? second the rockbass nt streamer...where do you find those? if warwickofficial could chime in on this, it would be great or any of you that know.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This has been my gripe for a while!

3. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I'm sure you know the big seller stores on evilbay Musicians_heaven and Musicpower they are both good reputable large authorized sellers on the bay I would contact them to see if they have what your looking for in stock.

also the new USA distributer can give you info on what's in stock in the us and who's got it. Like the custom shop in NYC maybe.

http://www.usmusiccorp.com/

4. sumgruuvz

thank you means! i will check it out.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Means2nEnd

Just wondering why not take a chance on used German one? Get something after 2002 and the neck will be thinner than most basses out there. Some nice deals on the bay and here if you know what to ask and look for. I have 7 German Wicks and only 2 did I buy new. Wasn't John holding a Spector before in your avatar?

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's not about getting a used German 'Wick. The thing is, why aren't these foreign made models in stores?

8. sumgruuvz

It is. A coda. Lol

9. sumgruuvz

Exactly. Why can't I find them?

10. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

www.bassalien.com
    They have a good selection of Warwicks on their website.

Not only that... They're a brick and mortar music store. Not just online sales.

11. sumgruuvz

12. Means2nEnd

Not sure I follow. I see them all over the web I mean the website above has just about everything. I have spoken to the guys in NYC at the custom shop they have plenty in stock and can have anything ordered easily. I live near Philly I go into all kinds of music store the big GC type Sam Ash whatever and the little guys. Mostly its Fender land, Ibanez, and MusicMan I'm not sure I see much of anything else stocked anywhere.

I guess for me I'm left handed I'm used to having to do some research and looking around and taking some chances buying on line. My Warriors I had to have built and the Zon I have took 2 years to be built. Spectors and Warwicks are the only production instruments I really own and dig and I'm not seeing Spectors in abundance either. I'm not saying you guys are wrong but what basses are you thinking are so easy to find in stores everywhere besides Fender, Ibanez and MusicMan and usually the lower price ones are the ones in multiples. eBay and Musicians Friend and Guitar Centers have killed local mom and pop stores for the most part. Keeping large inventories is hard to do. I’ve been playing a long time and buying basses since the 80’s and stores used to have so much more in stock and then as the internet took a hold and grew stores and retail in general have less and less in the mortar and bricks type stores. It’s a shame because the purchase of an instrument is so personal and each bass is so different. I guess I’m just used to ordering what I want or buying used from guys I know or from reputable eBay sellers I have never found trouble finding anything I’m looking for actually I have the biggest problem keeping myself from buying too much.

13. sumgruuvz

well the bassalien place i just looked at, doesnt have a streamer stage 1 pro. im looking to find and see how much they are. it's just im saying that this bass is on the warwick website, but are not to be found. so i will continue in my search. they may not even be available in the us yet for all i know. just some input would be a great lead.

14. socialleper

socialleper

I've had several discussions with the Warwick Official, who's name is Garey BTW and is a very nice guy, about this very topic. He said that something should be happening after NAMM; I hope he's right.
    One of the biggest problems is cost. We all know that Warwicks aren't cheap, but their costs are getting pretty high. I think a SS2 is up to $4.5k or something. Even a Corvette $$ is around $2k new. GC and Sam Ash only want quick sales and cheap inventory; smaller dealers can't tie up inventory dollars like that.

Its a real conundrum. There needs to be some kind of solution. Warwick is boutique, that's undeniable, but they have the heaviest list of monster players of any boutique brand out there. That generates interest in their product, but they aren't doing anything to capitalize on that interest. The second hand market will keep eating into their new sales until they get costs and inventory levels under control. The used ones are 50% to 60% cheaper, plus they are actually available.

My personal fantasy solution? A series of Warwick stores styled after what Mesa Boogie, Peavey and Carvin have done. They have guitars, basses, amps, strings, really nearly everything you need to be a self sustaining store. They could even act as an exchange for used Warwicks so they aren't hemorrhaging money every time a used bass changes hands. It would also lower overhead on having to split the sales with a third party seller. THINK ABOUT IT WARWICK/FRAMUS; I'M GIVING YOU THIS IDEA FOR FREE!

15. socialleper

socialleper

I totally agree with this. GC and Sam Ash have killed off entire markets and then started carrying nothing but the most vanilla stuff. You can get a Fender, Ibanez or Music Man anywhere for the same price, so where is all their buying power going? I worked for GC in late 90s, we stocked Zon, Pedulla, SWR, Eden, Warwick, Spector, all sorts of sexy bass stuff. Now their bass sections are like a swap meet with busted gear and boring selections.

16. ibateur

ibateur

I was looking for the Rockbass Streamer 5 NT I (made in China Streamer neck through). Warwick folks told me that it would be available in July. Thomann never had it. I ended up with an SX 4-string Jazz.

17. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    A Warwick and a SX jazz? Now that's a huge tonal difference! Couldn't settle on a different wick?

18. ibateur

ibateur

Kind of gave up on the idea of owning a wick then. I must say that had it been available when I felt the urgent need to have a bass in my hands again, I would have bought it without thought. Maybe for my next one.

I do see them now (I take back my comment earlier) at Thomann. Slightly below 1000 EUR. A steal.

19. flipmouse

flipmouse

I would love to try a Warwick and certainly have the means to buy. But I don't buy-before-try on a higher ticket item like this, especially when there are so many variables involved. Sadly, down in the Raleigh-Durham area, I haven't found much in the way of shops that have any in the showroom (or other nicer basses either). Anyone know this area have any shops to recommend? I do occ. travel north thru DC and Baltimore too, but don't know stores in that area. GC and Sam Ash are nice to have as music convenience stores for strings etc. but not so much for instrument selection.

20. socialleper

socialleper

I hear ya. I don't know how these some of these other guys just plunk down a couple grand on a boutique bass without playing the one they are buying. Even between two basses of the same model things can be different. It blows my mind.

At this point I think their answer would be for you to drive to NYC to check out their Custom Shop. Bass Central and the Custom Shop may be the only locations in the US that have new German Warwicks in stock. Even finding a used one or a Pro Line in a store is like finding gold in a river.
    I REALLY hope they announce something super crazy amazing at the NAMM show.

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  21. Buslady7803

Buslady7803

I want to see a store in LA!!