1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Where are SX basses built?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J.Nuno, Nov 13, 2012.

1. J.Nuno

J.Nuno

TeamInternational is Chinese so I assume SX are built there, but Rondo/Kurt builds them from scratch in the USA right?

If so what's the difference of quality between them? I mean, are all SX basses in the same level of quality (regarding place of production?)

2. MarthaSamira

MarthaSamira Banned

Nope...

3. J.Nuno

J.Nuno

So he just imports them all over and sells them in the USA?

Ah... I really thought they had a factory there :)
    So I guess they do stand in the same level of quality, as they are produced 100% in China.

By the way, after all this time why is it still so hard to get them here in Europe?

4. MarthaSamira

MarthaSamira Banned

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    That VPB57FM is pretty sweet. Kurt needs to import some of them!!

Jazz basses with flamed maple necks!! Why aren't we seeing these?!?

7. J.Nuno

J.Nuno

I tried that in the past. Never got an answer. I don't think those guys actually exist. Which is a shame because we're neighbors with Spain.

8. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member

Hard to say. But even though it wasn't called out in the description, my SX URSA 2 6 has a really nicely flamed maple neck, not the fretboard, but the neck. And again, even though I don't remember anything about it in the description, my SX SST LTD2 (strat copy) has MAD flame on the neck :eek:, it might have a little on the fretboard too, can't remember.

9. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy

10. hrodbert696

hrodbert696

Team International in China is the builder. They have a one-distributor-per-country policy and Rondo is the distributor for the US (alongside of Korean makes like Agile/Douglas). I gather that Spanish website was the distributor for Spain but I've heard before that they seem to be out of business (yet the website stays up...). I think there's also a UK one but they use a different brand name, not SX, don't remember offhand what it is.

11. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

A domain search of SXGUITARSPAIN.COM reveals the administrator as:

SALOM Y POMAR S.L. SALOM Y POMAR S.L. (aasp@musicasa.com)

musicasa.com - which may or may not be a retailer in Spain that may or may not carry SX...