Where are the musicians?(I found some... I think!)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassestkkm, Mar 3, 2014.

1. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

I'm a student at UCR and I can't for the life of me talk to anyone who might be interested in starting a group. A friend I have who plays guitar is too picky about dictating what the drummer gets to play. Which is really frustrating to the drummer(when we're allowed one). And then he's put me into this place. He said dude you're a sick blues and rock bassist but I don't wanna play with you for pop. :rollno: Which kind of hurt since he's never attempted to play that genre with me. He however does have a church band that he plays with a lot and so he jams with those guys a lot. I'm a Hindu. Non in the church scene at all. But a lot or most of the musicians are Christians that I know and I feel a little excluded. So I tried getting involved in the musicians group at school and nothing. So my question is...
    Where are the musicians that want to play? And how do I find them?:help:
  2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

Dude... there should be plenty of musicians in Riverside. Don't limit yourself to those at UCR.
    Get out and see some local bands. Go to open mic's. There's usually lots of blues players at them. Network a bit. See who's doing what. Get to know some people at your local music store. Chances are they know of people to jam with. There should be people that you can jam with or start a band with all over the region. It's not like you're in some small town. Get out there, man!
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Your "friend" sounds like a douche
  4. Bassbubble11

Bassbubble11 Supporting Member

A really big douche.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

ahaha Yeah sometimes he can be. But when its just him and I we're pretty good. I suppose it didn't help that the drummer didn't really have and direction. And the other that we tried had never written before so he was scared to play. There's something you'll never hear again hahaha
  7. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Media:
    A massive douche.
  8. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Guitar tends to be the folk instrument of our community. just saying if anyone can be replaced :bag: You have yourself and a drummer if one of you can sing and play you don't really need a third. but a drum bass team should be an in-demand pairing
  9. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

I've been thinking that lately. I'm trying to get the drummer to play. The drummer and I were in choir together funny enough so we could potentially both sing backup or maybe more
  10. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/muc/4357554320.html

Well I did a brave thing (for me). There was an add on craigslist and I replied to it. I have an audition Thursday night. There's a list of 10 songs. There are 5 they want to get through for sure. I know 2 of the 5 really well and I know a 3rd fairly well. I've heard all the songs but 1 of them before. So I've got Tuesday evening Wednesday evening and a bit on Thursday to get the songs together. I've never had an audition before :eek: and I'm getting the nervous butterflies. The songs except for 2 or 3 are pretty bass driven. But I'm determined to do this. This could be really good for me and I'm hoping I do well. They have a few other bassists going through the audition process during the week but I'm hoping that I can jump on and do well. I have a feelnig I'm going to be really young in comparison. I'm 21 and in my 3rd year of college. These guys are working and have families. Wish me luck!! :hyper: