1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

where can i buy a bass (not that expensive) in washington dc?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by belen_zavala, Mar 16, 2014.

1. belen_zavala

belen_zavala

hi! i'm going to washington dc for a few days and i want to buy a bass. where can i buy a good bass that is not expensive?

2. RxFunk

RxFunk

What's not expensive mean to you( we need actual numbers to help better.)

3. Goldmember

Goldmember

Google search came up mit 5 shops:

Washington D.C. Guitar Shops

What's not exshpensive? In my vorld, anything not made of gold ish not exshpensive, yesh?

4. joelns

joelns

Chuck Levin's is a great shop. I used to go there on a regular basis when I lived in that area.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. belen_zavala

belen_zavala

i don't know.. like what's the cheapest (but good) you know?

7. rfslick

rfslick

I bought an Ursa II Jazz bass at Rondomusic.com for $125, with a gigbag, shipped to the West Coast for $156. Having owned a '64 Fender Deluxe, I can say that this is an incredible value. I love it and no longer gas for my '64.
    Rondo is in New Jersey, you could have it in 24 hours.

8. robd

robd Supporting Member

Atomic Music for used gear

9. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member

^ This.

10. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

A Squier Classic Vibe or Vintage Modified bass might fit the bill. It depends on what kind or style of bass you're looking for. But if it were me and I only had a few hundred bucks to shop with, I'd try to find a good deal on a used CV jazz bass.

Before you go, figure out what you're looking for and call some of the places mentioned. Ask if they have "it". If not, ask if they have something similar within your price range. In other words, basic shopping techniques and a little time devoted to getting a good deal. If you're not sure about what's available, ask someone here after doing some keyword searches. :D

Also, for the record, Rondo Music is in New Hampshire, not New Jersey.

11. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

Chuck Levins in Wheaton md has a really good selection. Go North on Georgia ave. Bear left at Viers Mill Rd. in Wheaton and Chuck Levins is a quarter mile up on the right side of the road just across from Wheaton Plaza Shopping center. Parking is on the street in front of the store or turn right in the ally just past the store to a parking lot in the rear of the store. If you are interested in used stuff , Atomic is a pretty good choice (don't know the directions to it though) and the local Craigslist is huge in the DC area. I don't know if they still do it but Chucks used to always include a case with every guitar.

12. azzyrazzy

azzyrazzy

Hehe, I see what you did there :)

13. chadds

chadds

Chuck's!!!
    301-946-8808
    Ask for Paul Schein.

14. MtJam

MtJam

I agree with the Atomic suggestion. You will most likely find a wide range of used basses to satisfy any price range. Fair prices, good people. Check them out; they're in Beltsville. Not very far from D.C.

15. Mysterion

Mysterion Supporting Member

Yes, if you're looking used.

And yes, if you're looking new. Paul is a good guy.

16. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    +1000