1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Where can I find a G&L Decal?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by __HM__, Feb 6, 2011.

1. __HM__

__HM__

I have a G&L Tribute series ASAT Classic guitar. Its the older Korean one, where the word "TRIBUTE" takes up most of the headstock space. I'd like to apply a simple "G&L ASAT" logo to it, as I think the Tribute logo looks awful. (And I've already sanded it off. :rolleyes: )

So is there somewhere I could buy a G&L decal, or make one, or what? Not sure what exactly I should do, any help's appreciated!

Also, for the record, I'm not trying to pass this off as an American G&L, I'd just as soon take an "ASAT Tribute" Logo, if I could find one. Just saying. Thanks!
  2. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

I feel you on that. When I got my L2500 bass and ASAT Special guitar, I made sure it had the big G&L logo. The big Tribute logo makes it look like "Squier by Fender". Tribute isn't a brand like Squier, it's a series within G&L, much like Skyline is for Lakland. Anyways, I would say your best bet would be contacting a dealer or G&L themselves.
  3. __HM__

__HM__

I'll contact G&L right away. Any other suggestions? Thanks
  4. __HM__

__HM__

Well, they got back to me already. I was sort of surprised with their speedy response.. haha. They cant do it though. Quote: "G&L’s decals are for production only and are not available for sale."

So, back to square one. Anyone know where I can have a nice decal printed up? Thanks!
  5. __HM__

__HM__

Okay, if anybody can print me up/make me a G&L decal, please send me a PM, or post here. I've looked all over, I cant find any.
  6. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

there are some people on ebay who would make you a custom decal for 15 dollars, I'm sure they will have no problem copying a G&L one....
  7. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

8. mongo2

mongo2

Is this the G&L version of the Squier for Fender decal swapout?
  9. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

I don't know how to print decals, but I can try to make an image for you which you can bring to someone who knows what to do with it.
  10. __HM__

__HM__

Sort of. Except Tribute Series G&Ls are substantially better than any squier. (Made outside of Japan, that is.)

That's alright man, I appreciate it, but I went the eBay route. I think I have a guy. Thanks!
  11. Blind Dog

Blind Dog

According to this it sounds like it would be essentially that.

(Wikipedia)
  12. Blind Dog

Blind Dog

Take a picture of a logo, jpeg or whatever and buy yourself a testors decal kit. The kit comes with decal paper and a fixative spray to put on the decal after you print it. you can print it on a laser or inkjet printer and then apply it with water like a model airplane. After it dries well seal it with lacquer or poly spraying the first coats very lightly. I use this process to make decals for my own guitars. If you sell it you should remove the decal to prevent someone from reselling it as an original.

Here are some I made with the Testors decal kit.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  13. mongo2

mongo2

Being a "Piney" I appreciate the "Pinecaster" appellation.
  14. jopapa

jopapa

HM,

I have the same problem. Have a Tribute ASAT guitar from Korea. I hated the tacky "TRIBUTE" decal so I sanded it off. If you have a lead on a reasonable decal, please let me know. Seems like there's a zillion Fender headstock decals, not a single G&L. Thanks.