Where do I plug my WTDI in to my LMII

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swipter, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Swipter

Swipter

I think I have been doing this wrong. I found an old thread on here where the sansamp di gets plugged in to the effects return on the amp. Should my WTDI be plugged in to the effects return on my LMII Markbass? Where do I plug the bass, I cannot figure that one out (the WTDI input, amp input, effects send).
    I have been running the bass in to the di input and the di output directly to the amp input. I am thinking that is wrong.

Thanks again for your help,

Don
  2. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

Effect return input

nothing wrong with plugging it into the bass input on the amp, it just means that your signal will be processed 2 times: by the WTDI and by the preamp section of your amp

edit: I am using AMT BC-1 preamp, and on the manual it clearly said only to be connected to the effect return input on the amp.
  3. Swipter

Swipter

Thanks, do I.use the normal amp input for the bass?
  4. Swipter

Swipter

Well, I went to the garage and figured it all out. I also figured out that my Eden WT405 sounds great and does not have any issues. Don't need to run the WTDI with that one. I also found that the Pedulla crackles. I guess an almost 20 year old preamp is bound to give issues eventually. Thanks for all the help. Now to order guitar boxes to send it back to Pedulla for repairs.

Peace
  5. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

no, the bass goes into the WTDI input, and the WTDI output goes into the effect return jack on your amp

the bass input on your amp is not being used with this setup
  6. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    You can do it either way you just have to watch for over driveing the pre in the amp.

In the front of the MarkBass set the output on the WTDI output so that it's not boosting the signal and you can use it as a switchable EQ.

going into the effect return bypasses the preamp section all together. Plug into the input of the WTDI.

Another option is the go out of the effect send into the WTDI and back to the return. The only thing to watch out for here is over driving the input of the WTDI.

When i was playing with one of these at a store, with a MarkBass 2x10 combo, I put it before the amp.

The trick is watching you gain stages. You don't want to add gain unintentionally. Keep it as flat as possible.
  7. newbold

newbold

I run my WTDI into the front end of my amp. This lets me shape the tone of my bass before it hits my amp.

While my amp has a parallel effects loop, I prefer to keep my WTDI on my pedalboard and use it as simply as possible.

I tend to set my amp up to where I feel I get a favourite response and then set my WTDI up to shape my tone so that my amp will react differently. I engage my bass boost but cut lows and that allows me to hear my fundamental a lot better. it's amazing.

I think that using the effects loop of my amp isn't really the best for my pedal-based front end. Perhaps if my outboard effects were made for line level would I consider using it.

I'll have to give it another try, even though I've got great results from my approach.