1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Where do you keep your pocket things while on stage?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by prater, Dec 7, 2013.

1. prater

prater Supporting Member

I prefer to play with empty pockets. I've tried setting them on my head or cab but they always fall off. I've put them in my case but then I end up forgetting to gather them until I need my phone/wallet etc.

I was thinking of getting some sort of small bag and attaching it to the back of my cab to put my stuff in, that way it is at hand and I won't easily forget it. Plus my e-cig will be right at hand while I play.

I don't use a rack so building anything onto that is not an option at this point, though if I do I thought adding a small drawer to the rack might be a cool idea.

Where do you store your pocket things while playing?

2. thedane

thedane

In my codpiece.

Where else?

3. soulman969

soulman969

How about just leaving some of it at home and the rest in your car. Take only what you need. The only thing in my pockets when I play are picks and a lighter. I'd put those in MY codpiece too if it wasn't already awfully full up. :smug:

4. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

There's a pouch at the headstock of my gig bag that's pretty sizable. It's where I like to put some of that stuff while I'm on stage. Especially since it's very close to me, and not really out of sight. When you're playing club gigs that matters.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    In a small bag on the floor next to the amp. If I have a bar stool to sit on the bag tends to sit between the legs of it.

7. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke Supporting Member

locked in my car. I have a key pad to get in. Before that I would only carry the car key loose in my pocket.

8. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I won't leave anything in my car because you never know if someone will break in. I keep a small wallet like the one pictured, in my pocket. It contains my license, medical insurance card, debit card and a credit card. I put cash in my other pocket. My cell phone stays on top of my amp and I put my car keys in one of my bass cases.

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

10. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

I have a small bag for my wallet, keys, Advil, phone ect...

I just put it behind my amp or case.

11. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

12. DionClassic

DionClassic

Usually I have room on my pedal board so I just stack my phone, keys and wallet there... That way I don't forget to gather them

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  14. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    + a billion.

15. zenrad

zenrad Supporting Member

Wallet in my back pocket, everything else in my gig bag. When I leave the stage between sets my car keys and phone go back in my pocket. I never wander far from either of those two items, especially the car keys.

16. agreatheight

agreatheight

On the amp rack. Phone, keys, wallet, etc. It's an SKB so there are grooves so nothing shakes off while I am playing. On breaks, it all goes with me.

17. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

Weird, I'm the same way. Bandmates always thought it was crazy, but it drives me nuts. I always carry a backpack, stuff always goes in there when I play.

18. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy Bottom Feeder Supporting Member

Wife. She holds my wallet, jacket, keys and sometimes phone.

When she's not there, my pedalboard, or one if my cases.

19. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

In my pockets. I've left my wallet and had it walk away one too many times in the past.

20. lebaron

lebaron

I got a smaller flightcase (briefcase size) with all emergency stuff like cables, strings, picks, tools, straps, mints, towel, solder iron etc on stage or just off the side of it. I just I put my phone and keys there. And I wouldent play without that case by my side, its a proven performance saver, over and over again. :) Try finding a solder iron in the evening 30 mins before the gig to resolder a failed crossoverfilter in an ampeg cab :)

21. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have a rack drawer, my keys and phone go in there. My wallet stays in my back pocket where it belongs.