1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Where to buy these tuners?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dbt25677, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

[​IMG]
    Are these specifically Wal tuners... Who makes em?

2. phangtonpower

phangtonpower

I have the same tuners on my Ovation Magnum. They are actually stamped with "Ovation" on them, but I've heard people say they are re-branded Schaller tuners.

3. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

4. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Grover makes one that looks like those- these are black, but they're available in chrome & gold. Their old tuners look exactly like the ones in your photo- the ones on my '70s SD Curlee are the same, in gold. The ferrule in your photo makes me think they're Grover.

https://www.grotro.com/Grover/BASS/Titan-Electric-Bass-Machines-145-Series

Are you replacing one that was damaged, or are they hard to turn? Mine were pretty tight and I completely disassembled, cleaned them with mineral spirits, lubed and reassembled them- huge difference and they're just about "like new". Well, other than some worn plating.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

7. Melonthief

Melonthief

They are schallers. I bought a set for a bass a long time ago (80's) I don't know if they still make them, they came stock on a Charvel 3B that I currently own- that is a 1986 model