1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Where to get empty soapbar pickup shells??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mmbongo, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Looking for empty pickup shells in Bartolini MK1/MK5 shape...4.25"x 1.33". Can be a little smaller, does not have to be exact.

Tried Mojotone..they have some a hair bigger.
    Tried Ebay..nothing.
    Stewmac..nothing.

[​IMG]

2. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. mmbongo

Dang it, those would have worked.

But for that price, I would just buy the pickups I wanted instead of trying to make my own :)

5. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Or just get a custom bass...

They put prices like that on out of stock items. The regular price will be between $3-4.

6. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

It might be worth your time to contact guitar jones usa and see if they can point you toward a supplier.

Jones probably doesn't move many pickup covers, so it may not be an item at the top of their list to re-stock.

7. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    They will be out of stock forever. I used to get my covers from GJ in quantity, but they are pretty much out of business now. That's why I don't have any P4 size covers.

That is the right size though.

8. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    GuitarJones is the US outlet for WSC Music.

http://tuneguitars.com/wscmusic/wizmart.php?code=00000001&lv=1&c_type=2&sub_view_1=1

WSC (WooSung Corus) manufactures those covers.

You wont get any answer from GJ. The last time I made an order, they just canceled it with no explanation. There is someone on eBay selling off their inventory, but they can only get the part's listed.

http://stores.ebay.com/gj-guitarpar...3742017&_sid=1062248797&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

They have the 4 string covers, and that's about it.

Maybe Carey Nordstrand will sell you a couple.

9. mmbongo

Well I'm tired of fooling with this...trying to save a few bucks by making temporary pickups until I can find a used deal on a set that I really want. I just went ahead and ordered the pickups so I can be done with this whole thing!