Where to go from here, gear-wize?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by takodabut, Jan 29, 2014.

1. takodabut

takodabut Supporting Member

I'd appreciate input on how I can complete my bass gear stack. I live in a very remote area - I'm about 6 hrs North of Boston, along the coastline, next to Canada. Thus, I have minimal ability to try and compare gear. On the other hand, after 35 years as a guitar player, I'm very picky about sound. For instance, nearly all DSP drives me nuts.

Here's my current gear set:
    Schecter Diamond Series 5 string with Fralin pickups and Nordstrand pre, but from a TB'er (first really nice bass - love it).
    Practice and low volume gigs: Acoustic Image Clarus 2R with Raezer's Edge Stealth 12 ER.
    Loud gigs: Acoustic Image Clarus 2R, preamp out to Crown XLS 402, one or two Fitzmaurice Omnitop 15s.
    An assortment of pedals, including some DIY. I (over)use my Moog low pass filter, a diy wooly mammoth clone, a DIY tap tempo modulating delay, boss flanger, diy chorus.

I've been selling everything not nailed down, to amass budget for a better bass rig. At the moment I'm at $1500, but could get another $1K if I'm brutal and patient with selling.

Gear I'm considering:
    A GB shuttle 6.0 with 12T cab.
    A shuttle(max) and Fearful 15/6.
    A 5 string 35" scale fretless, with 19mm spacing, to match my current fretted 5 string.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. sotua

sotua

I have the Shuttle 6 and love it. Use it with one 1x12"t for small-med gigs, borrow another 1x12" for loud gigs. It's great.

3. takodabut

Thanks, you're confirming my top plan of a GB shuttle head/combo option.

4. takodabut

I bought a used GB shuttle 6/12T. This rig is surprisingly light.

5. Register to disable this ad