Where to sell vintage FX pedal?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wraub, Mar 7, 2014.

1. wraub

wraub

Disclosures:
    I'll have an IPA, please.
    Ebay hits sellers with ridiculous fees, CL is full of lo-ballers and the misinformed, and Reverb doesn't seem to have much traffic. Have considered perhaps a GC consignment.
    And I am not a TB supporting member at the moment.

Any suggestions?
  2. SteveC

SteveC

Cough up the $20 bucks to be a supporting member. It's probably cheaper than the fees you'll have to pay eBay and you'll be good to sell for a year.
  3. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Reverb (dot com) seems ridiculously overpriced.
  4. wraub

wraub

Disclosures:
    Good advice for the most part. However, unlike some people (ahem) ;), I do not typically sell or flip gear all that often.
    I have had 3 of my 4 basses for over a decade, and am completely happy with what I have amp-wise and such.
    Limited value functionality in this case.

Just want to sell a pedal.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mimaz

mimaz Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Don't take this the wrong way, but like most things in life, you typically get what you pay for.

In other words, CL is free, but ya gotta deal with it. TB cost a couple bucks, but well worth it down the road.
  7. SteveC

SteveC

Gotcha. :D

I am trying to be better...:help::bag:
  8. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

If possible I'd say not to sweat the $20 for a TB membership, and be happy to support a site that you frequent.
  9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

You've been here for a decade... consider it kicking back for the server time. Or just put it on CL, personally I have had less low ballers on Kijiji (like CL) than TB classifieds. TB is a buyers market. Ebay fees are only %10 so if the item sells for more than $230 you should end up ahead over TBs $20 fee.
  10. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Let me get this straight: you've been a registered member for a DECADE and never put up a lousy $20 to support TalkBass? Shame on you for even asking this question!
  11. porterbass

porterbass

+1000
  12. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

I think you're going to get a better class of customer here at TB. Granted, if you only have the one piece of gear to sell, it might be a wash.

Have you considered a consignment deal with a GOOD retailer? Is The Bass Place local to you, Wraub?
  13. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

+1. Jeez.

Pay the $20. Or, give eBay $25%. Or let GC give you 1/8 of what it's worth.
  14. wraub

wraub

Disclosures:
    If I may speak in my defense past the torches and pitchforks... ;)

I am unemployed for health reasons.
    I have no bank accounts.
    I make money through various odd jobs.

Occasionally, I have to sell unused gear to have luxuries like paid rent and food.

And, while registered here for a decade, for more than half that time I did not have a computer, or, indeed, a regular place of residence. I actually had more pressing concerns than regular TB access, believe it or not.

I have to sell this pedal, and, possibly some other gear I'd rather not sell, to be able to make ends meet. If possible, I'd gladly cough up the $20 bucks for supporting status. But, I'm going to have to sell something first to do it, and get bills paid before TB.
    I was just looking for some assistance with the process.
    Jeez, indeed. :)

Most stories have more than one side.

Thanks for the help so far.
    Anyone else?
  15. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I think eBay is going to be the best bet you get enormous traffic and the fees aren't that bad you just have to sit down and write a great ad and with a pedal you only need one picture and there are other forums and some don't require any fees to sell items.
  16. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

A GC consignment? Do they even do that?

They're going to give way more than $20 less than you'd sell it for on the classifieds section here. If that makes any sense...
  17. GlennW

GlennW Supporting Member

Put it on ebay. Ime the fees are outweighed by the vast exposure and increased sale price.