1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Where to share my recordings (me playing Jamerson lines along with original tracks)?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by HCEarwicker, Dec 11, 2013.

1. HCEarwicker

HCEarwicker

With a view to putting together a showreel of my recent playing I recorded myself playing a few of J Jamerson's original lines this afternoon, along with the original tracks. I just tried to upload the mp3s to a new Soundcloud account. My tags (the song titles) were immediately recognised and I got a message: "Breach of Copyright...Blocked". I just didn't think :meh:

Is there a way I can legally upload and share* what I've recorded...on Soundcloud...or elsewhere?

*Edit: By 'share' I mean make freely available to mates, potential employers, and other interested parties.
  2. HCEarwicker

HCEarwicker

Not to worry. I figured out something. Something I have every reason to believe is not illlegal. Fewer people will get to hear it but that's ok. Still interested to hear ideas though.