which album did you listen to the most ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by el murdoque, Jan 29, 2014.

1. el murdoque

el murdoque

I was just wandering if you happen to be able to tell which album you listened to the most in your life.

For me that's easy, it's Tool - Lateralus. That one took me quite a while to get into, then would not let me go for a long time and it is still an album i listen to quite frequently - it seems i never get bored.
    Usually i get an album, then have it on heavy rotation for a period and afterwards it gets played less and less, when i know every bit by heart.

2. EricssonB

EricssonB

Oh hey, it's high school me!

3. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Gotta be Are You Experienced? by Hendrix.

4. davidjackson

davidjackson

Wow! That's a tough one...

Appetite for Destruction is probably the one I have worn out more times than any other. If you want something a little more unusual though I probably still know every lyric to to every track on the 'Hey Stoopid' record by Alice Cooper. A massively underrated album that I have listened to a million times.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Doctor_Clock

Doctor_Clock The Moon Machine Gold Supporting Member

After some thought I believe Squeeze's "Argybargy" is winner for me.

7. Richland123

Richland123

Tough question since there have been several. Here are some that I listened to so much that I am surprised the grooves did not wear through.

Deep Purple - Machine Head
    Jethro Tull - Aqualung
    Three Dog Night - Live At The Forum
    The Guess Who - American Woman
    Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority and Chicago II
    Jesus Christ Superstar
    The Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night
    Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs
    Montrose - Montrose
    Kansas - Most of their albums

8. southpaw723

southpaw723

A few that I have listened beginning to end a lot are:

Abbey Road
    The White Album
    Revolver
    Californication
    Stadium Arcadium (this is all I listened to when I was 15)

9. TheCush

TheCush

Media:
    I like your list. For me, Aqualung, Bridge of Sighs, and a lot of the first Montrose (had Bill Church on bass). But there I'll add:

- The first Sabbath album (followed closely by Paranoid)
    - Rush - 2112 and Hemispheres

10. Richland123

Richland123

Oh, my, yes. I forgot to add the first two Black Sabbath albums.

11. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

AFI - Black Sails in the Sunset
    Prayer For Cleansing - The Rain In Endless Fall
    Korpiklaani - Korven Kuningas
    Amon Amarth - With Oden on our Side

12. Milk

Milk

Interesting question... I have barely listened to full records front to back since like....2001 or whenever it was i went full mp3s...

Potentially, possibly U2 - Boy. Just cause as a teen i was obsessed with U2 from like age 14 to 16. They were honestly all i listened to for two years. Now granted I had all their records (up to then...which was 92) and rotated them but this might be the one i listened to the most partly because it was one of my fav and because unlike some other of their records, i still really like it to this day so i still listen to it once in a while.

Basically anything i loved as a teen probably would make the list. Ive never been so obsessed with music since. Well not enough to constantly listen to a record at least everyday. So for this reason Nine Inch Nails Downward spiral might also make the list despite the fact i haven't listened to it since i outgrew NIN in like 1997... Also, Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the infinite Sadness i listened the **** out of up until about 2000... Another band i dont listen to anymore....

I would like to think that The Cure - Disintegration is also high on that list and i still think its one of the best records of all time unlike the other ones.

13. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    For me it would have to be three that really stand out.

Jane's Addiction - Ritual De Lo Habitual: When it came out, I had heard and enjoyed Nothing's Shocking so I picked it up before any singles were released. While I really liked Nothing's Shocking, there was just something about Ritual that kept me listening over and over again. Heck, I played along with Three Days just yesterday so it still get's played.

The Cult - Electric: Up to this point, I had mainly been into both metal such as Iron Maiden and Scorpions and hardcore such as Minor Threat and Dag Nasty (yeah, I like just about every genre to some degree). I had Love and liked it a lot and it was one of the first "Alternative" records that I got into but when Electric came out, it really bridged the gap of alternative and bands that I liked like AC/DC. It was a great record for me and I still listen to it to this day.

Smashing Pumpkins - Gish: I had recently graduated high school and this albums blend of alternative and psychedelia were just what I was looking for. I don't think that this tape left my tape deck for at least 2 months and it still remains my favorite Pumpkins record.

Over the past few years, I generally will listen to a record for a while and then it goes into the archive to get drug out every now and again but there has been one record that has stayed in fairly constant rotation.

The Shins - Point of Morrow: I remember when they came out and were starting to get some buzz and then Wincing the Night Away came out and folks were all over them. For some reason, I just wasn't open to them at the time but I remembered the name and new that a lot of my friends were into them. I was visiting a friend of mine in Nashville and he took me to this cool indy record store (can't remember the name) and Point of Morrow has been recently released and it caught my eye. I listened to it over and over again on my drive back to Jackson, MS, where I was living at the time, and I still listen to it a lot. Not sure what it is, maybe the pop hooks with deep lyrics but I just can't stop listening to it.

14. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

15. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium

I think it might be "Sin After Sin" by Judas Priest. I bought the LP in high school, around 1980, and I currently own the remastered CD. Just listened to it again the other day. I'm still enjoying it after more than 30 years.

16. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Romantic Warrior-Return to Forever
    Me a Fusion Geek? Naaaah! ;)

17. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Hmmm... I've probably listened to the Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" album the most times. Been hooked since I was 12 and been through several copies. It's always a joy to listen to.

18. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Ha! That's definitely a contender for me as well; I know that the summer after I graduated from high school I never put that album back in its jacket, I just left it on the turntable and listened to it at least once a day for three solid months.

19. Up the dose

Up the dose Supporting Member

Diary of a Madman.
    Every note, every noise, feedback , every pick slide that Randy played on this record was brilliant. I still raise the volume at the end of many of the songs to better hear the guitar solos that fadeout for the endings.

20. pglaser01

pglaser01

Disclosures:
    If only I were that good....
    I always listen to Weezer's Blue Album front to back

21. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass. Supporting Member

This is a really interesting question, and hard to answer because I'm 54 and I've been listening to records for a long time! I can't say with absolute certainty, but I would guess that the records I've listened to all the way through the largest number of times would be:

Steppenwolf - "The Second"
    Neil Young - "Harvest"
    Genesis - "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway"
    Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"
    The Clash - "Sandinista!" (yup, all four sides!)
    Crowded House - "Woodface"

And very soon to make it into this pantheon:

Gillian Welch - "Time (The Revelator)"
    Y La Bamba - "Court The Storm"