1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Which amp do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by fitzyp80, Nov 3, 2012.

1. fitzyp80

fitzyp80

Hi guys

I cant decide between the Peavey tour tnt 115, or the Ibanez Promethean P3115 combo. Have any of you owned these? I play fast indie with a heavy hint of slap funk.

2. 5 string tapper

5 string tapper

Never owned either but I do play through a Peavey 130 Special with a 12" and even though it is a guitar amp it sounds really nice with my Ibanez 5 string. I think for fast indie the Peavey would work well, the slap funk you would have to work out with the eq and possibly compression. Haven't tried the Promethean but I really like my Peavey especially since it works well for both guitar and bass. But Ibanez is a good company too I love their instruments.

3. sadasar

sadasar

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist hard luck king guitars and knuckle head strings
    I played an older TNT 115 for a while and loved it.

4. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

I have the Tour TKO 115 and it is incredible so I’m sure his big brother is just as good or better.. Great amp very versatile with sounds.. strong, loud..

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. UrsaMinor

UrsaMinor

I agree with the other guys. I played a TKO 115 at church for a little while, and it was a decent amp! Don't get me wrong, you can buy better stuff, but Peavey has always had a solid reputation for making gear that others refer to as "TANKS".

7. arai

arai

I tnt is a great amp. But heavy. I have played the Promethean and I like the tone better and it is lighter.

8. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I've owned one Peavey combo and wasn't happy with it. I couldn't get enough punch or bottom end out of it.

9. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Which one did you own ? was it one of their new models ?
    just curious because I find nothing wrong with their new TKO and TNT but as mentioned above there are better amps out there..