1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

which bass pickups should I get?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Anonymous7, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

I was wondering which bass pickups you guys would suggest, I want something dual coil and passive for an electronic setup similar to B.C.Rich's virgin NT bass minus the toggle phase. Also, on a related note, how would I wire such a set up? And what does a virgin nt sound like, I can't seem to find any videos
  2. bumperbass

bumperbass

Why would you want a pickup that sounds like a NT if you don't know what it sounds like? I'm confused.
  3. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

No, I was just curious on how the controls would change the sound of the nt
  4. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

The control set up is what I want, I just want good 5 string dual coil pickups, passive if at all possible
  5. bumperbass

bumperbass

The other two switches are for series/parallel wiring (one for each pickup). Series is going to give you more of a humbucker sound (deeper), and parallel will give you more of a Jazz Bass style single coil trebly sound.
    I don't know what bass you're installing these pickups into, so further help would be difficult. I attached the image for all to see.

Attached Files:

6. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

Well, I was actually planing on wiring this into a custom bass, so all i'd need is to know how this would work
  7. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

The closest I could find is the Fender Roscoe Beck Sig wiring diagram. It doesn't have separate volumes or a phase switch. As for pickups, the list is endless. Any buckers will get the job done. As for specifics, that is to taste.

Attached Files: