which bass pickups should I get?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Anonymous7, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

I was wondering which bass pickups you guys would suggest, I want something dual coil and passive for an electronic setup similar to B.C.Rich's virgin NT bass minus the toggle phase. Also, on a related note, how would I wire such a set up? And what does a virgin nt sound like, I can't seem to find any videos

2. bumperbass

bumperbass

Why would you want a pickup that sounds like a NT if you don't know what it sounds like? I'm confused.

3. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

No, I was just curious on how the controls would change the sound of the nt

4. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

The control set up is what I want, I just want good 5 string dual coil pickups, passive if at all possible

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bumperbass

bumperbass

The other two switches are for series/parallel wiring (one for each pickup). Series is going to give you more of a humbucker sound (deeper), and parallel will give you more of a Jazz Bass style single coil trebly sound.
    I don't know what bass you're installing these pickups into, so further help would be difficult. I attached the image for all to see.

Attached Files:

7. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

Well, I was actually planing on wiring this into a custom bass, so all i'd need is to know how this would work

8. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard

The closest I could find is the Fender Roscoe Beck Sig wiring diagram. It doesn't have separate volumes or a phase switch. As for pickups, the list is endless. Any buckers will get the job done. As for specifics, that is to taste.

Attached Files: