1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Which bass wah should i get? (round 2)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Jan 16, 2014.

?

Which bass wah should i get? (round 2)

1. crybaby bass wah

36 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. morley bass wah

22 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. ebs wah one

9 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. weeping demon

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. g-lab bass wowee

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. bass chi wah wah

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. other

25 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. Unemploid

Unemploid

thanks for all the help. i want to get a wah pedal that doesn't such tone when off or bypassed, keeps the low end, and i don't know if i want a wah that turn on live the crybaby and morley. i'd like a wah the sounds mostly like the dry signal.
  2. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

I think the 105q and the weeping demon are extremely hard to beat for the money. Go for one of those and dont look back! Both those can be found from $40 to $70 used and around $100 each brand new, you cant beat it and you wont have much of an issue reselling either one if they dont work for you. My $.02. Again hehe :bassist:
  3. dropbass

dropbass

The ehx crying fuzz wah is on my next to buy list. Ive had other wahs and they all have pros and cons..the ehx only like 95 bux shipped thru amazon sonfor new pretty cheap. No moving parts. . Just wondering about the cable movement when usuing pedal also has two knobs to blend the low pass dry and fuzz or none of either
  4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Gig-FX SubWah is a sleeper that many here don't know about. It is a lowpass wah that has depth and resonance control. It also has an envelope filter mode and autowah mode. It isn't pretty to look at but it is a great bass wah.
  5. IncX

IncX

definitely a wilson wah ... it might be too expensive especially if you cant find a used one
  6. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin'. Supporting Member

THIS^^^

In SUB mode it can crack the foundation of your house. It's a monster, but it can be tamed. Extremely high quality build... you will NOT break this thing.
  7. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

All the line 6 M series Wah models have a clean blend. I have been playing around with these lately at home and I am very hopeful. I will be trying this at my next jam. I like having an alternative to my spring loaded bass Wah.
  8. Geist

Geist Supporting Member

Yep. Only pedal on my board that I can't see myself ever replacing. Closest I'd get would be a dedicated envelope filter.
  9. SPYD3R #9

SPYD3R #9

I own 105Q and AMT WH-1B, compare it, I sold the 105Q
  10. MattZilla

MattZilla Supporting Member

gLab rules!
  11. Lownote38

Lownote38

I prefer the white Crybaby Bass Wah as the EQ and output volume can be adjusted. It also is spring loaded so it turns itself off when you take your foot off it. That same spring loaded feature allows for some really fast "wahs" too. I've used it on recordings and was asked if I used some type of auto-wah pedal because it was going so fast.
  12. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Wilson 12 way.
  13. dadday07

dadday07

What about the Morley PBA-2 Dual Bass Wah?