Which cabinet(s) for TC Electronic RH450?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lloydage, Nov 29, 2012.

1. lloydage

lloydage

Im just intrigued to know which cabinet (or combination of cabinets) you use with your RH450.

Im currently using an RS210 which by itself was not loud enough to compete with the guitarist and drummer. None of us were going through the PA by the way.

My option is to either by another RS210 or to trade my existing RS210 in for a different make altogether i.e. Bergantino, Avatar etc..

Im after a gutsy punchy sound as I play in a loud blues/garage rock band and play 100-250 capacity venues.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Lloyd

2. Jenra

Jenra

A RS210 or RS212 would fit those needs - if you are in extreme need the RS410 is nice - although very clumsy to handle, compared to the 2xx's :)

I dig my 212 and 410 :)

3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Do you like the sound of your existing 210? If so add a second one. If you need more your head will support a total of three 8 Ohm 210's.

4. iualum

iualum

Yep, agree. You could always sell/trade the 210 & pick up a couple of RS212s if you like the T.C. thing but want to push more air.

OR...lol, my usual alternative (because I truly believe in it)...

a 215 w/Eminence Kappa Lite 3015s or Faital Pro 15PR400s. In my book, the single best choice. Small (~36"x ~20"x ~15") & light (~55-60 lbs). Great air movement.

Tremendous bang for the buck.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CL400Peavey

Media:
    Albums:
    +1

Or if you are looking for more modular set ups, two 115's with the same speakers would be killer. I have secret thoughts about a 215 loaded with two Faital pro 15PR400's that I can switch between 2 and 8 Ohms to use with my bigger amps.

The important thing to note is: If you are getting 8 Ohm cabs that head can support up to three.

7. iualum

iualum

Yeah, two 115s are great, too. The trade is modularity for bread.

8. CL400Peavey

Media:
    Albums:
    Very much so. For some they may be more easily able to fit two 115's into a small car than one 215.

9. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

I see you're really letting this be a pickle...

I played an RH450 for a while and now an RH750. I went through most of the mix & match 2 and 3 cabinet RS210 and RS212 possibilities (although I don't believe I had 3 210s at one time).

RS210 are usually described as punchy, middy cabinets. With an additional one, you're louder. Add two, and you're louder still. RS210s make for a relatively convenient carry, and being modular can be a plus...one, when that'll do; two, when needed; etc.

If you want to go to a 410, I can suggest the Genz Benz Uber 410. Loud and punchy as hell and sounds great with an RH on top. Good prices on the used market.

10. lloydage

lloydage

I was practising with different settings on my RH450 yesterday through my one RS210 and all was fine. I was at home and not playing loud.

Today I plug in and nothing is coming from the speaker (RS210). Its like it has died!! I have tested all cables and my bass and all is fine. There is definitely input going into the amp (RH450) - all lights on etc.. so its not the amp, cables or bass.

The cabinet is just dead!! Its either the cabinet or the input sockets. What could have happened? I wasnt playing loud yesterday so surely I couldnt have blown it.

Ill probably take it in to my local guitar shop later but wondered if you guys had any ideas or had experienced this?

Cheers
    Lloyd

11. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

9v battery test on the cab, easiest with a 1/4" cable plugged into it.

Go on testing from there, cable, cab and amp substitution. My money is on the amp having faulted rather than the cab.

12. parapentep70

parapentep70

I have the RH750 driving 2 1x15's using the Emi-3015's. I think both options you mentioned (from Faital and Emi) are VERY good matches to RH amps: Very loud bass (among the loudest options for the size and weight regardless of price), but not a lot of sub-bass. It matches the amplifier. It can make sound on stage f***ing loud, if you need sub-bass you will hear it from the PA. Anyway RH heads will not provide much but in the DI out (which is a good thing IMO to provide a lot of SPL on the frequencies that we identify as "bass", B string included!).

Also very loud mid-bass and mids for the size / weight, again regardless of price.

I think some Schroeder cabs would also be good matches. I also considered SWR golight 4x10. Of course completely different tone, dispersion patterns, resale value, etc.

13. lloydage

lloydage

Thanks for your post.

Typically I took it into my local guitar shop and it all worked fine...

God knows what that was all about.

Just tried it at home and its all fine.

Ordered my 2nd bass cab (RS210) so that should sort out keeping up with my very loud guitarist and drummer.

Cheers
    Lloyd (OP)