Which color '64 Jazz to compliment a '63 sunburst Precision?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MicG, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sunburst

76 vote(s)
  2. Olympic White

140 vote(s)
  3. Black

40 vote(s)
  4. Lake Placid Blue

55 vote(s)
  5. Carrot Orange

27 vote(s)
  1. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

So say your a Fender lover and you've got a shot at owning 2 vintage instruments. Given that you already own a Sunburst precision, which '64 Jazz color do you pick?

Just to shake things up - would you even get a Jazz bass or would you double up on a second precision bass?

The pbass has to stay.

2. Probably another sunburst . Although I prefer p basses (have 5 ) you need a jazz as well. ( I gave 1 fretted and 2 Fretless. )
  3. Oly white/tort pickgurad/rosewood fretboard :cool:
  4. I have a 64' jazz (vintage) and I say jump on it... Maybe a fiesta red ?

Funnily enough, I am seriously wanting a vintage P.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Lobomov

Aug 2, 2013
    Oly white - Tort pickguard :eyebrow:
  7. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    I would have said fiesta red but since that's not an option i voted Oly white.
  8. gumtown

gumtown Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    Oly White/tort
    I have a 2008 jazz deluxe V - nice :bassist:

With the white and led stage lighting, it can be any color you want too.
  9. What fretboard does the P have?

If it's RW, I'd go for a black/black/maple Jazz

If it's maple, I'd go for either Oly White/black or tort/rosewood, or maybe LPB/parchment or mint/RW

I don't know which boards were offered on which years, so take that with a pinch of salt
  10. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    Black if its a matching headstock.

Then LPB if its a matching headstock and the black wasnt.

If none of the options have a matching headstock then white.
  11. BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: TecAmp
    When in doubt, go for Olympic White/tort. Always.
  12. Carrot orange with a tort pickguard! Please note that my in-laws are Irish Catholic, so I like all the orange I can get. However, orange was my favorite color even before I met my wife. Furthermore, raw carrots are my favorite vegetable. Finally, we all know that "a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond". D. "Captain Beefheart" van Vliet
  13. frankieC

frankieC A swell guy from Warren Harding High

Jul 21, 2012
    I agree.

...but, I'm not sure why the color of one bass needs to "compliment" that of another. [​IMG]

just a question, nothing more.
  14. PreCBS Jazzes have gone up recently. They comfortably outstrip the Precisions at around twice the cost. I think the Precisions are good value!

As for colour you didnt offer Sonic Blue although I think Sonic Blue looks better on Precisions. Olympic White is a good alternative to SB but the white paint sometimes strips off, which doesnt look as attractive as flaking off you get with SB .

15. BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: TecAmp
    Thanks. A sunburst P and an OWH Jazz add up to this:
    See? Perfect match.
  16. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Oklahoma City
    Lakland Basses | Hanson Guitars | Augustas Guitars | Mills Custom Amplification
    hard to vote... they're all winners
  17. DannyBob

Aug 28, 2013
    Personally I think a sunburst Jazz would go nice with the sunburst precision, and overall I prefer Jazz basses. Mainly because it hurts when I P...
  18. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Interesting results so far. It kinda confirms what I thought already but always interesting to hear back from the community- especially when it comes to the new AVRI line.
  19. /\ /\ /\

Just what he said!
  20. meatwad

meatwad Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    Any of those solid colors would work for me, IF we are talking matching headstocks. If not, definitely sunburst.
  21. cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Natural is no option?

I don't mind what colour a bass is and would go by condition of the instrument.