1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Which Equalizer and Compressor Pedal should I use

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by evilgypsy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. evilgypsy

evilgypsy

Hi guys. I wanna buy EQ and compressor pedal. I use Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe and Bassballs EHX. I've just started use effects and I need help about eq and compressor.

2. jordak

jordak

for eq, try the boss bass geb7 equalizer pedal. For compressors, how about the "philosopher's" line from pigtronix?

3. evilgypsy

evilgypsy

Can I find it in Turkey I don't know but I'll check it on youtube.

4. evilgypsy

evilgypsy

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

If you need the best then the Empress Para EQ and anything from FEA Labs for a compressor if you are on a budget anything from MXR will do it.

7. evilgypsy

evilgypsy

I watched reviews about them, sounds great thanks. But I couldn't find them in turkish forums and markets websites even so I'll ask shops.

8. evilgypsy

evilgypsy

How is that MXR 6 Band? What is the difference between them? Is there a big difference?

9. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Read this about compressors, it contains various compressor reviews by TBer Bongomania. It helped me and countless others decide which compressor is best suited.

http://www.ovnilab.com/

10. evilgypsy

evilgypsy

Thank you very much.

11. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

The MXR 10 band covers more of the frequencies that I use on bass when compared to their 6 band. The Boss has the frequencies that I use, in a small format, but I find the MXR to be much cleaner and better sounding. Also, my Boss has a noticeable buzz but that may be a defect...

One thing to note, my MXR 10 band requires 18 volts which is a pain in the ass. Much prefer 9 volt so I can use the one-spot.

To echo another post, the Empress Para EQ is by far the best that I've tried. You can use your ear to find the exact frequency that you want to boost or cut, and it has three bandwidth (Q) settings. After using parametrics (rackmount) for many years, I was hard pressed to move to a graphic pedal... until I found out about Empress - here on TB of course!

Compressors is a much bigger topic, there are so many available. Bongomania's page is a great resource.