1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Which Erickson Montessi preamp for bass?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Alper Yilmaz, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Alper Yilmaz

Alper Yilmaz Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Erkan Sizarlar Basses
    As the title suggests, which of the five Erickson Montessi preamps (P-1, Blue, Red, Silver, Gold) is best suited for bass? I am sure any of them could be used and would yield decent results, but I wonder which one shines the most...

Best,

Alper
  2. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I have the GOLD..... Its fat and transparent.. Peter might have another suggestion...
    I am going to see him at the Alleva Coppolo / A-Design show in LA April 5th so i will ask him... I know that is a long way off..
    I was chating with Steve Baily and he has a few of the Erickson Montessi pres.. Im not sure if he is set on just one for his bass though
  3. Alper Yilmaz

Alper Yilmaz Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Erkan Sizarlar Basses
    Actually, I just received a message from Peter. He recommends P-1 for its great DI as well as good synergy with the REDDI.
  4. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    That will do it....
  5. funkaholic

funkaholic

Disclosures:
    Artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses, Moollon Basses
    Peter had recommended the gold one and the BAC compressor in his one-space 500-rack to me, but it's been a while...
  6. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    that is what i have following my EM500 Gold. the BAC500 is very smooth.. and transparent.... And has tons of gain make up if you want to run it all into a poweramp to use on a live gig...