1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Which flatwounds does Esperanza Spalding use?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Matthew_84, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

Simple as that. I love her fretless tone and am very curious as to which type of flatwounds she uses.

I know that Fender gave her her fretless. I am not sure if she changed the strings or not, they may very well be Fenders. I tried googling it but couldn't find it.

Thanks.

2. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

Nevermind, opened up my issue of BP with her and found it... She uses Fender 9050M's (.055 - .105).

3. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

+1 on the Fender flats. I prefer the 9050CL set which is 45-60-80-105. This is the set that converted me from a rounds to a flats guy.

4. BASSKETEER

BASSKETEER

Don't worry about it, it won't help knowing.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

I've seen some recent footage of her that looks like she's playing with tapewound strings

7. Toptube

Toptube

does she have a twitter account? If so, try asking her about her gear on there. I was able to find out via direct question on twitter, that one of my top two favorite bassists prefers elixirs.

8. backup

backup

yes she plays fender flats. so do i now. great strings and they are cheaper the roundwounds i used to buy and last longer.

aston barrett plays fender flats too

9. MR PC

MR PC

sometimes......last i heard he plays 'em till they break and replaces one at a time......with whatever brand is available