Which Genz Benz cabinet with STM600

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bradjonesbass, Mar 24, 2014.

1. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

I have a feeling this is going to be a landslide, but

Uber 212 - new
    Neox212T - used, rat fur edition
    Focus 410 - new

The new Uber and used NEOX are the same price (within a few bucks and around $600 shipped), and I have a line on the 410 for under $400 shipped. If I could find an NX2-212 for the same price as the Uber, it'd be a no-brainer. As it stands, I'm leaning towards the 410T, but seriously considering the Uber.

I play mostly R&B, jazz, Gospel and light funk.
  2. TC.65

TC.65

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of those choices. I've never played through the Uber cab or the Focus. From what I've heard the Uber series has a strong mid voicing that's real good for rock and should pair really well with the Streamliner. I run my Streamliner through the NeoX 212 and really like the tones I get from this rig. You can get a vintage or modern tone and anything in between. That being said IMO any Genz Benz head and cab combination will work well together.
  3. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

I'll vote for my favorite, the Uber 212T. Unfortunately it's the only one of those you mentioned that I've tried, but I use it all the time now. It's a great cabinet.

Once I figure out the issue with my fEARful 15/6 though I'll switch back to that guy. But the Uber 212T is no slouch by any means.
  4. temmrich

temmrich Supporting Member

I think Ed Friedland has several bass whisperer videos where he demos the streamliner through each of those cabs. He also demos the shuttle series through them.
  5. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

Ordered the Focus 410T. $369 Shipped. Brand new. If I really dig it, maybe I'll get a second one for big gigs when only 8 10s will do.... Or maybe I'll pick up a NEOX212 used at some point.
  6. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

Sold me on the Focus410. The slap tone of the 5-string Jazz through the STM to the FCS410 was exactly what I'm looking for. I play a 55-60.
  7. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Can't go wrong for that price. Definitely a good choice for slappy happy, especially with the ST.
  8. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Best Genz cab ever made is the NeoX 212, IMO.

So, that's my answer. The others?.....eh?, who knows.