Which is easier to find?...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by avvie, Apr 6, 2014.

1. avvie

avvie

...a live unicorn or a Squier VM Jazz that's white on black like Geddy Lee's sig model?

I reckon the fine folks at Fender figured out that if Squier had one then we wouldn't pay the extra for the GL Sig model Fender. Fine, but I just like the white on black regardless of the GL resemblance.
  2. avvie

avvie

So let's say you get the black/black VM model....surely the pickguards are interchangeable, right? With a stock Jazz pickguard, I mean...
  3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Well, since Squier just plain doesn't make a white-on-black VM jazz that I'm aware of, I'm going with the unicorn.
  4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

You'd have an easier time finding the Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch or the bass line in "When Doves Cry"! :ninja:

That being said, you could put one together by grabbing a black VM '77 body, a VM '70s neck (maple with black blocks) and a white pickguard. It'd take some work, but you could make it happen. Remember, the trick is to realize the truth…there is no bass. Then you'll see that it is not the truss rod that bends, it is only yourself.
  5. Register to disable this ad