1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Which is the best bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ZombiBoi95, Jan 7, 2014.

1. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

I just wanted to know what bass amp (combo/stacks) u guys thought is the best you could buy for under £1000 (cabs included in the price). Second hand prices can count.

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Since we dont know what kind of music you play, or what is available used to you this is an impossible question.

I think you should get a SVT-CL with two 810e's. not sure if you can swing it on that budget, but thats my recommendation.

3. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

What is the best food? What is the best dream? What is the best girl?

4. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hot food

Last nights

My girl

What is the best color? :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

What's the best amp for classic rock and will it work good for polka too, and if not, why not?

7. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection. Supporting Member

Everyone (including me) has their favorites and will push those.

These days I really dig GK.

8. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Asians with green eyes and naturally blonde hair...

9. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

It's not nessecerily for me it's opinion in what u think is the best for u. By all means put what type of tone u look for and what type of music u play

10. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

FWIW: I'm a G-K amp fanboy and I play rock, blues, R&B, country, pop, folk, etc. Does that help you?

11. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Depends on the gig I guess. For me, with my main band, I'm happy running my wireless to my SansAmp, directly to FOH from there. No power, no speakers on stage. Let the PA do the heavy lifting. IEMs for personal monitoring and I'm set.
    If I ever find myself needing to do bar gigs or small shows again, I'll probably run my SansAmp into my QSC 1804 powering a fEarful 15/6/1 (once I get around to building it).
    At home, I just run SansAmp - QSC - 2x SVT210AVs, again, until I get my fEarful built, which will then replace the 2x10s.
    This could all change once I really ramp up playing my EUB live...

12. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

My current rig, which consists of a Markbass LMIII head and a pair of GK Neo 112 cabinets, is the best rig that I have owned. It sounds great, gets plenty loud and is very portable.

13. fjadams

fjadams

Best amp? How is that even possible?

Over the years I've had many, played thru more, and pretty much every one was the best at the time I used it.

Fender Bassman with 2x15 bottom, Fender Bandmaster with 2x12 bottom, Traynor YBA-1 with 2x12 bottom, Silvertone with 2x12 bottom, Vox Berkeley I (wish I still had it), Kustom, Marshall Bass with two 4x12 bottoms (loudest amp I ever used), Magnatone M35 (also wish I still had it as I've never seen another one), Acoustic 150B with 2x12 bottom, currently have a GK MB212 II with a GK MBP115 cabinet. Really want an Orange Combo 500 2x12 with the 2x12 bottom, but the price and my rarely used common sense have stopped my purchase of said amp at this point.

But, every one of them was "the best" at one point in time.

Somehow forgot the 73 SVT with a 76 8x10 bottom, Fender Super Reverb, Univox, JC 120, Fender Vibroverb, Twin, a couple of my boys Marshall's, blah, blah, blah.

14. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

I've gone through so many brands I've lost count. Gallien Krueger is what does it for me, but that's just me (and everyone else who likes them). Other people are the same way for Ampeg, or Genz, or Eden, or SWR, or [insert brand name and repeat]

One man's Behringer is another man's Gallien, I guess.

15. jaypee

jaypee