1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Which Mike pope preamp to grab

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by keep it low, Jan 25, 2013.

1. keep it low

keep it low

Im doing some heavy upgrading to my fender p deluxe special http://www.fender.com/series/deluxe/deluxe-active-p-bass-special/ withsome emgs and a Mike pope preamp in hopes of gaining a Wooten sound, but which model do I should i choose. Im a still a tech njob here, can anyone help me narrow it down? Ill have the bridge pup w/ the split single coil
    http://www.bestbassgear.com/mike-pope-preamps.htm
  2. keep it low

keep it low

bump, my p bass has 4 knobs
  3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Well, since your bass has 2 pickups, 4 knobs, and no switches, the "2 pickup 4 knob" version seems like the obvious choice. BestBassGear shows one version with two volume controls, and once with a master volume and a blend.

They're all the same basic preamp, just with knob and switch different configurations, so there shouldn't be any significant difference in the sound.
  4. keep it low

keep it low

Im getting alot of fuzz and popping out of mine right now, even when I turn it up with my hand on it to ground it. My tech told me its my preamp & the shielding, and my pups. I'm going to get some new emgs and shield the crap out of it see if it makes a difference