Which of these are good quality

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cdactivist, Jan 24, 2014.

1. cdactivist

cdactivist

Hey guys
    I'm returning to bass after a 20yr sabattical
    I've over the years I've accumulated this collection (I was a DJ so had opportunity but it was more whim back then)
    Can you guys give me opinion on any 'keepers' - I'm thinking of trimming the herd and maybe getting one decent player around £400 (recommendations? Second hand no probs)
    I'll put a pic up as well when I can

Steinberger spirit (10yr old passive)
    Washburn xb400 early 90s grover Jacksonactive model
    Cort T34 active brought new last year
    Cort action junior for my son!
    Dearmond jetstar late 90s I believe

Also anyone know dearmond UK supplier ? Can't find one for trying and need a pickup cover

Thx all

2. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

I'd probably keep the Steinberger and the jetstar due to their uniqueness.
    The Washburn, unless you're very comfortable with it, I'd put up on the trading block along with the Cort bass. (The other one's for your son)
    That way, you can up your budget for a bass you're intending to buy. That being said, I would buy a more well rounded bass, the first two are basses that aren't exactly all round basses I'd see playing on a regular basis. A number of factors come into play in deciding your all round bass though, the music you enjoy playing, the size of neck you're looking for are examples. You've got quite a number of possible choices given your price range and especially if you're open to used basses.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Steinberger spirit
    Dearmond jetstar

4. pfox14

pfox14

Sell them all and get yourself a nice Fender bass.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. wrench45us

wrench45us

keep the Steinberger Spirit
    And If I might suggest Status Graphite half wound strings. I love the feel and tone of those strings on that bass. Makes a great practice bass so good it's rare I play the 'better' bass.

7. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

I agree with pfox14

8. cdactivist

cdactivist

Thx all
    Gonna punt the lot other than the junior for my son
    I've just taken delivery of an ex demo overwater aspiration for just over £200 and it is stunning!

I may not be a very good player but woooo!
    I saw it and thought yep - especially as a local store wants £600 for a lesser spec model

I've had a couple of posts on here lately and the support from you guys is incredible so the least I can do is say check eBay uk and look for the overwater £600 bass listing if it's to your liking - they don't ship global but they seem very positive about their service so they might - can only ask right?

- worth bookmarking the seller as they are listing with regularity at the mo

I actually missed the auction by £5 but they second chance offered me
    Rgds

9. cdactivist

cdactivist

That should read second chance with an additional bass - another has since been listed as well