which one is the best..?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by stretberas, Dec 4, 2012.

1. stretberas

stretberas

Hello all..,
    I want to buy an amp for practicing at home, among the three brands that I chose this, which do you think is the best, the brand I want is:
    Behringer Thunderbird BX108
    Ampeg BA 108
    Fender Rumble 15
    Please help and suggestions .., thank you all
  2. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Ampeg BA 108
  3. klejst

klejst

I own a Fender Rumble 15, bought it when I lived it a apartment and it allowed me to practice at reasonable volumes without having to cart my main rig back and forth. It is that though, a practice amp, however with the EQ you can get pretty decent tone out of it and it actually does get pretty loud. Could also work for a coffee shop style or size gig too. I picked mine up used from a guy off CL for $15.
  4. stretberas

stretberas

seems like we get the same score, maybe anyone can give me advice, my budget is not more than $ 150 ..
  5. tabdog

tabdog

6. stretberas

stretberas

I live in Indonesia ..
    Wouw, the bass amp you suggested is actually pretty good with a fairly cheap though it second hand(used), but unfortunately I can not buy it online at the website you mentioned earlier ..
    and I'm sure if I bought a new hearing in Indonesia prices certainly cost more than the budget that I had ...
    Thanks my friend for advice ...
  7. michael_atw

michael_atw Supporting Member

I'd go with the Fender.
  8. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I'd go with Ampeg.
  9. Einherjar

Einherjar

I have the ampeg ba108. My first venture into the ampeg world. I like it, good tone, doesn't get very loud though, it IS a practice amp. CD input and headphone jack is a cool bonus. Dunno if the fender has those features. As a side note, I love Fender basses, not a big fan of the rumble amps though. Every one I've played through has been shot to ****. I could just have bad luck, but make sure you look at user reviews for both and pay attention to reliability issues before making any purchase.
  10. atomicdog

atomicdog Supporting Member

11. soulman969

soulman969

If you can find one used with at least a 10" or better still a 12" you'll be far happier. A single 8" speaker won't handle a bass very well.
  12. stretberas

stretberas

Apparently a lot of choice amp for around $ 150 which makes me even more confused, hahaha ... thanks for the advice friends .. and I'll consider it, maybe no one ever wore roland cube 20xl?
    I heard a lot of people who give a positive response to this amp, what do you think? because the price is a little difference with the three brands I mentioned earlier ....
  13. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike Supporting Member

Behringer has a reputation for breaking down a lot and not sounding good even when it's working. My old drummer played his electronic kit through a Behringer combo and it sounded awful. It was a beast to lift too. And the tweeter came loose and fell into the (sealed back) cabinet.

On the plus side, it's cheap if you're looking for something that sounds bad and is heavy and doesn't work.

My vote is for the Ampeg.