1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Which small cabs to use with Tone Hammer 500?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Discharge, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Discharge

Discharge

I need a couple of small/light cabs to go with a tone hammer 500, I use it with a modulus flea bass.

What would you recommend?

I live in Dubai which has no vendors for me to try gear out, I have owned the GS112 before which I like but I want to keep an open mind.
  2. Art Araya

Art Araya Supporting Member

My practice rig at home is the TH500 into a GK Neo 112. Sounds great and is very light and affordable. It's very bright and modern sounding with my Modulus Q5.

I'm actually bringing it to rehearsal tonight and will see how it holds up to an entire band.
  3. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own! Supporting Member

not that light but i ran mine with a pair of mesa 1-12's and it kicked serious ass...
  4. Discharge

Discharge

Cool, let me know. I love GK gear, if I could I would take a 1001 over the th 500.

I like the gs112 because it has a mid scooped voicing, is the neo the same?
  5. Anarchyok

Anarchyok

Perfect match would be the Aguilar SL112 cabs. Or the Berg CN series pairs nicely too.
  6. Art Araya

Art Araya Supporting Member

Gk neo 112 easily held its own tonight. Nice pairing as are the other options mentioned. I guess it depends on your budget and tone goals.

I owned some gs series cabs and they were pretty good but the gk neo is not voiced the same at all to my ears.
  7. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

This.

I have two SL112 cabs are they definitely nice sounding although I now prefer them with an Ampeg PF500 over the TH500. Always wondered about the Bergs; they get great reviews around TB.
  8. Anarchyok

Anarchyok

I went from the Aguilar SL112 pair to a Berg CN212...and haven't looked back. That said, I thought the SL112 and TH pairing was fantastic...
  9. Discharge

Discharge

Where is the best place to buy these, somewhere which ships internationally?