Which TV series are you currently enjoying?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by carlthegroover, Feb 3, 2013.

1. carlthegroover

carlthegroover

I was just wondering what are you guys watching, TV-wise, particularly any TV series (of any genre). And which are you liking/ enjoying the most and why.

As for me, I've liked CSI:NY and Law and Order for a long time, but I recently discovered the Vampire Diaries. Sure enough, it has a bit too much drama sometimes and has some campy/ girlish moments here and there, but the overall plot and themes are enticing enough, there is enough mystery and action for the average joe, and the lead girl (Nina Dobrev) is gorgeous, especially as the foxy, devilish vampire Katherine. Yum!

I also watched one episode of the Beauty and the Beast (with that girl from Smallville, I forgot her name) and it promises some good moments.

House is also a good show to watch. House himself can get to my nerves sometimes, but overall he is pretty hilarious (snarky-hilarious).
  2. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

30 Rock... I'm only on season five, but I am loving every bit of it...

Also, Tina Fey is a total babe.
  3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Parks and Recreation is AMAZING.
  4. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Community is the best as far as comedies go. For drama I like Mad Men, Walking Dead, the Newsroom and Downton Abbey.

lowsound
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    +1.

That, Walking Dead and animated comedies featuring H. John Benjamin doing voice acting make up the scripted current material I watch.
  7. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

Seinfeld. So much crap on TV now, thank god James Cameron recently raised the bar!
  8. Spatial

Spatial

Walking Dead, Fringe, And Dark Matters:Twisted But True
  9. zachoff

zachoff

Same as the "reality TV" thread...

Ultimate Fighter, King of the Nerds, Wheeler Dealers, and Graveyard Cars. I don't watch much TV, otherwise.
  10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

I've been watching a fair amount of Scrubs on Netflix. That's about it for me.
  11. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

The League, easily one of the funniest shows on TV right now.

Breaking Bad, can't wait to see how it ends.

British Top Gear. The American version is blah.

Need to catch the new season of Arrested Development on Netflix.

That all being said, I don't really have time to watch TV.
  12. zachoff

zachoff

Seriously, kills me the cars they love that aren't available in the US... Suzuki Swift? 140HP? Really? :eyebrow:
  13. oniman7

oniman7

Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and King of the Hill are all I can think of off the top of my head.
  14. Topspin

Topspin

Cartoons- Gravity Falls, Futurama, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Non-cartoons- House, Big Bang Theory, Community
  15. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I haven't watched a TV program dedicatedly/regularly since Lost. No other programs have attracted my interest.
  16. basmicke

basmicke

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359962095.571892.jpg

... and House of cards, Justified and Breaking bad.
  17. champbassist

champbassist

Psych, Law & Order, CSI, Everybody Loves Raymond.
  18. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Walking Dead, Frasier repeats and the new Brian Cox program 'Wonders Of Life'. Remarkable, inspirational and uplifting television at its finest. Any US viewers should try and find some way to watch this show. The BBC have outdone themselves this time :)
  19. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Lost was truly remarkable...a one-off that I don't think we'll see the likes of again.
  20. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

I saw the first episode of 'Lost' a few months before the series had begun broadcasting in the UK, so I knew nothing about the story as I settled back in my seat to watch it. The only reason that I got to watch the first episode earlier than most Brits was because it was on the entertainment system of a flight from London to LA. Watching a plane crash sequence while you're in a plane at 38,000 feet was, well...disconcerting. It certainly added a whole new level of twitchiness to the heavy turbulence we flew through while the episode was playing - normally sanguine travellers suddenly started gripping the armrests for a white-knuckle ride.

As far as TV series go, I was late to the party with "The Killing" (The original Danish Version - not the US remake) and didn't start to watch Series 1 on Netflix until a month or so ago (Series 3 was already being aired on terrestrial TV but luckily I haven't seen that yet either). From the first episode it was utterly compelling, to the point where one weekend I watched 5 one hour episodes back to back on Saturday and did the same thing again on Sunday - only dragging myself away from the TV because it was early hours of Monday by that time and I had an early start on Monday.
  21. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Unsung, Justified, Lizard Lick Towing :bag: