1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

whits end with switching all this SH!T around, blasphemy but ideas

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dharmashawn, Nov 29, 2013.

1. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Supporting Member

I have a boat load of pedals and just ripped apart my board and now I am somewhat sad.....................in no order:

Cusack screamer bass
    Wonderlove
    Sub T
    Prunes/Custy
    Dispatch master
    submarine
    BDPG
    Wholly
    Sex drive
    Geminidrive
    Franta
    Thinman
    Cleanness
    Schism (just in case)
    polytune

It's just turning my head into mashed potatoes. I know YOU REALLY HATE THIS QUESTION, but ideas??

namaste
  2. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

Maybe write a number beside each pedal ordering them from the one you use most to least. Stare at it awhile. Something might spark. Best of luck.
  3. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Sell them all, buy a modular synth.
  4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Put all but one of them away in a box in the closet, for a week. Just use the one. Then at the end of the week, put that one away in the box, and pull a different one out, and use just that one for a week.

After fifteen weeks, you should have some ideas. :)
  5. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

6. millsbass5

millsbass5

Or, you could hire a bass tech to do the switching out back. Providing you don't have too bad a case of G.A.S. :D Ah, it's times like this a club circuit bassist can be thankful for the big money we make gigging......

:bag:
  7. dharmashawn

I wrote this super cranky. I have been in the game long enough, but I just was like ***!!! I just ordered a Duality so..................adding that and taking away the wooly(cloned).

I also had to pick up a one spot after the PP2+ got full so I do like the idea of one for a bit adding and getting a solid foundation. Thanks for the laughs and suggestions.

You all are FUN!!!!!!

I am in recovery and have leapfrogged my addiction :bag:
  8. dharmashawn

well here goes a week with my polytune :D
  9. dharmashawn

so after a few hours

Polytune>BDPG>Schism>Submarine>amp (dig this cleanish)

loop1 Sexdrive>Sub-T>P&C>Wonderlove (FUN FUN another od-distortion will go in here too)

would eq after the wonderlove give me some benefits??
    thoughts on delaying the funk/synth or the clean??

ridicule as you see fit :D
  10. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

I second parallel processing! Personally, I like having one channel that carries my subtle/organic effects and one that has my filters, synths, and other craziness. My wounded paw blender is nice cause you can switch from parallel to series... Allows you to have a lot of versatility.
  11. dharmashawn

You know when I first started all this blending idea, the wounded paw was up on my list. I liked the parallel / series switching...... Maybe selling a schism........