1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

who do you love george thorogood

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by tskilletbass, Jan 30, 2014.

1. tskilletbass

tskilletbass

Hi everyone I'm looking for help on Who do you Love by George thorogood .my cover band does this song and currently I'm just playing a muted e string with a g thrown in every now and again I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a more active line? Thanks!

2. Deathblade Eric

Deathblade Eric

Frank Marino souped it up a bit:

But if the band insist on sticking pretty close to the Bo Diddley original, there ain't much room to move tbh.

3. obimark

obimark

I like to use a pick on it and I do the super fast slides down the g-string while picking notes the whole way.

Also it sounds good to use the E octave on the A-string, particularly going D-E for the stabs.

Other than that rock the **** out of that open E-string, not many songs give you an excuse to really use it for the whole song.

4. tskilletbass

tskilletbass

Thanks for the tips obimark! I've never even thought about doing the slide with our lead guitar can't wait to try it now! I was playing the stabs g and a on the e but switchin it up a little to give it a brighter tone is a sweet idea too!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tskilletbass

tskilletbass

Deathblade that is a cool version but yeah our singer really digs the thorogood version.