who do you love george thorogood

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by tskilletbass, Jan 30, 2014.

1. tskilletbass

Jan 30, 2014
    Hi everyone I'm looking for help on Who do you Love by George thorogood .my cover band does this song and currently I'm just playing a muted e string with a g thrown in every now and again I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a more active line? Thanks!
  2. Frank Marino souped it up a bit:

But if the band insist on sticking pretty close to the Bo Diddley original, there ain't much room to move tbh.
  3. obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    I like to use a pick on it and I do the super fast slides down the g-string while picking notes the whole way.

Also it sounds good to use the E octave on the A-string, particularly going D-E for the stabs.

Other than that rock the **** out of that open E-string, not many songs give you an excuse to really use it for the whole song.
  4. tskilletbass

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks for the tips obimark! I've never even thought about doing the slide with our lead guitar can't wait to try it now! I was playing the stabs g and a on the e but switchin it up a little to give it a brighter tone is a sweet idea too!
  5. Sponsored by:

6. tskilletbass

Jan 30, 2014
    Deathblade that is a cool version but yeah our singer really digs the thorogood version.