Who has a Pedaltrain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by msaone, Aug 18, 2013.

1. msaone

msaone

Just curious. Can see myself having much more than 5 pedals. Is a pedaltrain worth it?
  2. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Not to me. I bought one for my wife's mandolin/fiddle and one of the zipper tabs broke off right away. Way over-priced for the build quality in my opinion.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I have a few, I've been gigging my Jr and Mini for years. The boards are great build quality. The older style bags weren't great, but the new ones are very decent.

They also have great customer service. The strap on my Jr bag ended up breaking after a few years (like 6) and they sent me a brand new bag no questions asked.
  4. Ajak

Ajak

I have a PT-2 and it's great. The bag never caused issues either.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. msaone

msaone

Sounds like I'll be buying a Pedaltrain soon. Thanks.

BTW so far I have a Chorus and equalizer. Planning a tuner and an octave pedal. Any other suggestions for someone playing instrumental rock. (think Paul Gilbert, Rush, Dream Theater)
  7. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Pedaltrain. I do not think it's what you think it is.

Anyhoo, I love mine!

[​IMG]
  8. msaone

msaone

Is that a JR?
  9. bassgod0dmw

That's a 1 or 2, bigger than a Jr.

This is a Jr.
    [​IMG]
  10. Wireking1

Wireking1

Who has a Pedaltrain?

A lot of people. Heck there are entire threads of PT users that have "united".... including me.
  11. msaone

msaone

Cool. That should be just my size. Thanks!
  12. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

I have a Pro and a Nano, I really like them. The cases are the weakest link, but other companies provide case upgrades if you want/need that. The boards themselves are light and very flexible to configure.
  13. Dazonbass

Dazonbass

the cases made by Mono are really good quality if you need a soft shell replacement.
  14. Flymo Wang

Flymo Wang

Unless you have a PT mini in which case there is no hard case option and mono don't make a case either.

Based on comments above i may email pt about my knackered old softcase!!
  15. bassgod0dmw

I sent them an email and they offered to send a new one out. They requested that I sent the old one back (which they paid for)...

Assuming you're in the UK I'm curious what they'll do.
  16. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think the pedal train boards are nice. They are a little high priced IMO but they are a big company. They build some great stuff. I built my own board to the size of a PT pro but I ordered one of their bags because the newer bags are great, rugged and tough. I spent more on the bag I carry my board in than on my board which sort of sucks but in the end, Im happy. If I HAD to though, I would spend the money on a PT, they make a great product. So yeah, I think they are worth it. Its cheaper to build your own though, if youre in a position to anyway.
  17. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn

I love my Nano board! It's nice and small, and the case is made very well. Whole thing fits in the pocket of my gig bag. With my Zoom B3 and MS-60b on it, I can't see getting anything else............'course I've said that before!
  18. skullservant

skullservant

I've got a PT Junior and a PT Mini for my Infinity Looper. I think I want to go up to a PT-1 again so I can fit a volume pedal back on the board:

[​IMG]
  19. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

I'm a bit of a pedal junkie so I have the PT Pro. It's awesome. Just need a Voodoo Lab power supply to run them all cleanly.
  20. Mihel

Mihel

LOVE my PedalTrain boards. I've got a mini that holds the tuner and processors for my banjo and mandolin and a PT-3, with a hard case, for my bass toys. I also have a PedalTrain Pro, with both a soft and hard case, that I need to get rid of (if anyone is interested). That board is just too big for most stages that I play these days.
  21. the explode man

the explode man

I can't remember which one I have (probably the PT-1), but it came with brackets to specifically mount the Voodoo Labs power supply, and it even had instructions on how to mount it. I thought this was really cool, considering they are two totally different companies.

A hard-shell case would be nice. Otherwise, I have nothing but good things to say about my PT board!