Who has a Warwick Streamer Standard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jhl800, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Jhl800

Jhl800

What do you like about it?

2. Jhl800

Jhl800

For some reason it just uploaded on its own! The reason I'm asking is because I'm very interested in buying my first Warwick.

3. FineCatsNCigars

FineCatsNCigars

As a Warwick owner, I can tell you that whatever Warwick you buy you will be satisfied and will love it.

Unfortunately I do not have a Warwick Streamer Standard to show you :( I suggest you go to your local Warwick dealer and play one. That's the best way to find out if you really want one or not.

4. Jhl800

Jhl800

I will! Thank you.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. og61pbass

og61pbass

I had one but sold it last year,it was a Streamer standard with a bolt on neck,carolena body and 2 mec passive pups.5 string,1 piece bridge, a lot of people thought it was a rock bass but it was a real warwick made in Germany,the dont make them anymore,it was a really nice bass I sold it cause I went back to 4 string,it played like butter,I bought it at Guitar Center for 600.00 I think...:D

7. oddeotek

oddeotek

I didn't even know that there was a German Streamer Standard. For what it's worth, I bought one of the new Rockbass Standard Streamer basses when they came out without the cheesy "RockBass" logo. Mine weighs 6lbs, 9oz and feels fantastic to play. The build quality is excellent, the neck is extremely comfortable and it sounds great. My only complaint is the weak passive output but I run it through a clean boost pedal and it is now the bass that I gig with 90% of the time. I paid around $389 for it new when the local boutique bass store matched the MF online price. I've tested other basses of this model, when I can find one, and the weight can really vary. It was, by far, the least expensive bass in the store and I tried it out just because I love the NS design body style. I just couldn't put it down once I played it. Just my observation, but I have 5 decent basses and this is the one I play on stage.

Attached Files:

8. og61pbass

og61pbass

Ya they made them for a short time and discontinued them,they were really nice basses for the money and like I said made in Germany,the neck was something like 3 different woods,I would of kept it if I played 5...

9. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy

I still have a 5 string, two pickup model. Ovangkol neck with wenge fretboard. They're great basses, possessed of the "Warwick sound" but the highs are more muted and smoother. Great fingerstyle basses with a round sound. The pickups don't offer tremendous output so you'll have to turn the amp up a decent bit to play it compared to your other basses. This is no big deal, even if you play multiple basses live. Just let the soundman know beforehand to boost things when you switch and you'll be gold. I love mine and it's every bit as much a Warwick as any other(including my FNA Jazzman 5). Great neck, fun to play. In fact, original Incubus bassist Dirk Lance used one of these on "Nice To Know You" if you'd like to hear the recorded tone.

10. og61pbass

og61pbass

Nice... mine was the honey colored one,I'm thinking they quit making this series to intro the Rock series??

11. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I have this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wenge Neck! These came with Ovangkol necks. Someone made a Swap!
    [​IMG]

The passive electronics.
    [​IMG]

I got this bass in complete shambles, $150. Rust, Sweat, bowed neck, and a dog urine smell. I was going to make a Wall Hanger out of it, assuming the truss rod was broken, and the pickup just hummed. But I completely dis-assembled and cleaned it, re-wired the pickup, and gave her a setup. It's one of my Favorite Warwick's, and at a hair over 7 Lbs a REAL Treat on those Long Nights.