Who has found 'the one'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jason Wilson, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson

I know a lot of guys have a couple of basses and really like all or just a couple of them. I myself have a few basses and really like them, but I didn't really think I had found 'The One'.

I now have, one that feels like I want, has the sound that I want, the look etc, everything, just ticks all the boxes. My BSR5TNE

So I was wondering what everyone's 'The one' is. And I don't mean, a bass that you really really like, but one that is what awesomeness is to you, you wouldn't change one thing about it, so perfect for you

So, what is your 'the one'?
  2. metalstorm

metalstorm Supporting Member

I think you can only say "The one" after you have owned the bass for like 10 years. haha, many people sell "the one" within a year or two.
  3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I call my ric my 1. I have had it 26 months which isn't very long but in that time frame I have had maybe 40 basses yet its still here. That says more to me than someone that has had a bass 20 years but had 3 basses in that time frame.
  4. rickwebb

rickwebb

I actually have two "The Ones"... an E-Series MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special, and a 2003 Fender Highway 1 Jazz Bass...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bass geetarist

bass geetarist Supporting Member

My 78ish P was it for me for a good long while. I still feel a bond with it, but GAS has led me to acquire 5 more basses, all of which I'm really happy with. I will say that the Gibson T Bird Studio V I picked up recently really has me gaga. If I had to sell all and keep one, it would be a tough battle between the T and the P. Both basses really just feel right to me.
  7. ux4484

ux4484

Have a "one": Fender JP-90 ('91, bought in '93) still have it.
    Let "one" get away: Early '70's Aria Diamonds 335 style single pup MOP (Mother of pearl), I've never seen another exactly like it.

Attached Files:

8. ux4484

ux4484

Here's the Aria:

Attached Files:

9. marcwcarroll

marcwcarroll

Big Al PDN SSS. that neck!!
  10. esa372

esa372 Supporting Member

:confused:
  11. NightCat

NightCat

My G&L SB-2 is "The One". It will never be sold.
  12. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

My Lull M5V.

[​IMG]
  13. Kustom_Thunder

Kustom_Thunder Supporting Member

Mine is a warwick thumb Bo 5 string it's home for me and has been for a wile now. It's the only bass I've owned that I didn't figure out how to trade after two monts lol
  14. BassAgent

BassAgent

Because I love it so much and it has a lot of fretwear on the D-string I don't like using it live, but by god this bass is good. It has been my dream to own a vintage Jazz for 15 years and almost 4 years ago I finally got it. Best bass I've ever owned. And Jamiroquai bass player Paul Turner played it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

That would be my wife! Basses, they come and go...

Dan K.
  16. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

I have had a TON of basses over the years, and I few times I thought I found "the one"....but alas, they really weren't.

Last year I picked up a NOS 2008 Fender MIA Precision in the color combo I adore (3 tone burst, tort guard and maple board), and it's light (tips the scales @ about 8.5 lbs)...It gets played nearly daily, it truly is a joy to play, and has tone for days...I believe it is my "one". :bassist:
  17. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

My Ric 4003.
    I wanted one forever. The one I ended up with, I chose in-store because it was absolutely perfect. Look, feel, tone, everything. It's my go-to for almost every song, and just feels right to hit the stage with. It's a true rock bass, and packs one hell of a punch...particularly with some good rotosounds on, running through an Acoustic. :D
  18. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    Carvin PB 5

I'm done..really

Attached Files:

19. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

I have a yamaha BBN5II for the past 12 years and I will never sell it. I also have a Carvin LB76 for the past 8 years and I don't think I will sell it.

I also don't buy a lot of instrument like in 14 years I bought 9 instruments and I still own 4 of them. I don't feel like buying anymore. I have a 2 months old Carvin Icon6 that which is everything I ever wanted and I'm quite happy.

I think more of creating a mini pedal board for effects that I found useful through the years and maybe new recording equipement more future proof than a software with USB interface.
  20. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    I've had my Bongo 6 HS about 3 years now or so. Don't play anything else right now. I have a fretless on order for some other projects, and it may even make its way into my main gigging band as well. I have a Sterling 5 HH as backup that hasn't been played outside of home playing in those 3 years.
  21. spade2you

spade2you

I keep finding and keeping 'the one'. I guess that makes me a bass whore.